To My Loving Grandma

To My Loving Grandma

An original poem

65
To My Loving Grandma
Kristin Bass

To say the least, 2017 started off rough for my family. We had a massive scare with my grandma having to be admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and influenza A. With the last two weeks being a roller coaster of her health declining, and getting better, it's definitely been a hard road for all of us emotionally. I thought I would write a poem for my grandma as a way of showing how much of an inspiration she is to me and how much I love her.

Love, comfort,

Peace, joy,

Serenity, and tranquility.

Follower of Christ,

Beautiful daughter,

Beloved Mom,

Sweet sister,

Caring Aunt,

Loving Grandmother,

Child of God.

Greatly loved

By those around you.

A gift to everyone,

A blessing to those

Who truly know you.

Strong and mighty,

Courageous beyond belief.

Nothing stops you,

Nothing can slow you down.

You put your mind to something,

You follow through.

Astonishing worker,

Helpful in every way you can be.

Inspirational, motivating,

Awe-inspiring, as edifying.

Always fighting the good fight

To be the best Christian you can be.

You work hard

Towards all of your goals,

Both earthly and Heavenly.

You show those around you

The peace and love of God.

Showing the tenderness,

Showing the grace and mercy

That we are able to receive

Through the gift of God.

Touching the lives of many,

You live the life

That you were called to live.

You are loved by so many,

Cherished by those

Who are blessed to see you

As often as they can.

You are gentle and kind,

Loving, and Caring.

It is beyond difficult

For those who love you so dearly,

To see you in so much

Of this terrible pain.

You are a brave fighter,

Capable of making it through

This rough patch of time.

We all of faith

That you'll come out stronger

Than you were before.

Just keep fighting the good fight,

Just keep pushing forward,

Keep being the warrior that you are,

Keep the end goal in mind.

With lots of love

I write this for you.

I love you beyond what words could ever begin to describe, Grandma. You are a strong Christian, a spirited fighter. My prayer for you is that you fight through this and make it through this rough patch. I wish I was closer to home while I'm at school so that I could come and visit you more often. Just know that no matter how often I get to see you, I miss you beyond comprehension when I'm gone. You have been such an influence on me when it comes to being a Christian, and you are beautiful both inside and out. I'm beyond grateful for everything that you've done for my throughout my first 21 years of life, and I'm grateful for all of the time that I have been able to spend with you. I love you Grandma! Keep fighting!