A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

I'll start with saying thank you for being the rock that holds our whole family together.

84925
A Thank You Letter To My Grandma
Jean McClellan

Dear Grandma,

I'll start with saying thank you for being the rock that holds our family together. Without you, we would stumble and fall. You are our strength, and I will always be thankful for that. Your love for your family shines on your face every day, and that is truly beautiful. You glow when you are able to speak of your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. You love each and every one of us with your entire heart. It's a love that can never be replaced.

Thank you for showing me how to find strength in struggles and how to handle tough obstacles with a sense of grace and dignity. Your will power and determination to succeed through every battle now shines through me. Thank you for believing in your faith. God is going to gladly welcome a woman of such class into his kingdom one day. You helped me have a closer relationship with God and you always encouraged me to let his presence shine brightly.

Thank you for being my number one fan through everything. You made me feel proud of even the littlest of accomplishments, and Lord knows you let everyone know how great I was when I accomplished something. Your never ending support helped shape my confidence into what it is today. You reminded me that it was okay if I didn't succeed, I was still very much loved.

Thank you for your humor and your countless moments of laughter, I will always carry those memories close to my heart. You have a laugh that is contagious and can you always make a joke out of everything. Positive thoughts and feelings radiates to every soul around you from the melody of your laughter.

Although you always know how to put a smile on my face, you also know how to put me in check. I am thankful for your honesty and always pushing me to achieve my absolute best. You know my strengths, and you will always call me out if I am not putting them to full use. You helped motivate me to conquer all of my battles and to never give up, nothing is worse than disappointing your grandma.

Thank you for always welcoming me with open arms. Even if it means that your house is always a mess, you open your arms to me, as well as the rest of the family, to the comfort of your home. Thank you for your generosity not only to me, but to everyone. At times I think that God may have made your soul a little too genuine because I know that you would give others everything you had until you were left with nothing. You are a selfless woman that will do anything for anyone, which is a trait that comes with such honor. You selflessly helped to mold me in the woman I am today, and I could never be grateful enough to carry some of the same qualities as you. Thank you for always spoiling me, though sometimes too much, and always feeding me when I'm hungry, which is 99% of the time. Thanksgiving at your house can never be beat, ever.

Lastly, thank you for showing me the true power of love. Your unconditional love taught me that love is the most powerful quality that humans can have. Love, and love alone, can heal any brokenness. Love can create smiles, laughter and strength. Love is a bond that can't be bought or broken. Love is gentle and love is kind. You have shown me the true meaning of love as you have showered it immensely upon me my entire life. I can only hope that one day I will be able to selflessly love another the way that you love our entire family. Thank you, grandma, for giving me a love that is so powerful that it is able to move mountains and mold me into the young woman I am today.

I love you more than words can describe,

Your "not so little" grandbaby