To My Future Self

To My Future Self

I hope you are doing well.

7
Stephanie Warner

As I get older, I realize I have overcome so much and become so different than who I used to be. And I hope to continue to grow, change and learn.

To my future self, I hope you find a career that you love and that you wake up every day excited to take on the world. I hope that your passion for your work is more important than the amount of money you make a year. I hope you meet incredible people through your job and make lasting connections with other countries and people who need your help. Overall, I hope that when you think of your job, it makes you smile and talk about it like it is just a hobby and not a chore.

To my future self, I hope you remain close with your family and tell them you love them as much as you possibly can without annoying them. Or hell, annoy them, I really do not care because they are stuck with you. I hope you celebrate more birthdays with your mother, father, brother, aunt, uncle, grandfather, cousins. I hope you still get to camp with them every year and you get to share good times and laughs. I hope you embarrassed your brother at his high school graduation... and his college graduation. I also hope you reminded your parents how jealous and bitter that you are that your parents are not taking you on their Mediterranean cruise on their 25th wedding anniversary. I hope you always remind your family their importance in your life and I hope you are able to give back all that they have given to you because they deserve it. But I really just hope that your family is the most important part of your life always and that is the only thing I hope that does not change.

To my future self, I hope your friends are lifelong and they make you happy. I hope they still remain as your second family. No matter how small your group of friends get, I hope you keep the ones and gain new ones that truly inspire you to be the best you can be and help you grow as a person. I hope you change their lives and I hope you are able to be in their weddings, at their graduations, and help them when they struggle. I hope you are a good friend to them because just like you, they deserve nothing less.

To my future self, please have a puppy. Siberian Husky, German Shepherd, or French Bulldog would be ideal... Thank you!

To my future self, I hope you find someone who adores you. Never settle because I know you deserve the best and I do not ever want you to settle for less than what you deserve. Boys at this current moment suck, so I hope you find a man that treats you with respect, affection, and real love.

To my future self, I hope you love yourself as much as I love who you are right now. I hope you find that spark that gives you life every day. Even though all the people I mentioned above (including the puppy) are important and I want them to make you feel good, too, I want you to make yourself feel the best. I hope that you are happy when you are alone and happy when you are in a room full of people. I hope you take care of yourself better than I am doing right now (because let's be honest, it could use some improvement). I know you will do these things because... well I am you...but also because I know you care enough about yourself to make you happy no matter who tries to bring you down. Just remember, you got this and I cannot wait to see what is in store for us.

Love,

Yourself