It's An Honor To Be A Predators Fan

It's An Honor To Be A Predators Fan

It's only natural that a city this great would have a killer sports team with it.

148
https://www.flickr.com/photos/texasbackroads/32721476204
Flickr.com

What a time to be a Nashvillian. In the past two years, the Nashville Predators made it the furthest they've ever been in the tournament in the team's history. In 2017, going in the playoffs ranked the No. 16 seed, it was assumed that the Preds would get swept in the first round. They started their reign first with winning the Western Conference and then onto the Stanley Cup. In 2018, although their winning streak wasn't quite as long, they still made a remarkable effort to make it as far as they could.

The fans have rallied around beloved players like Pekka Rinne, Mike Fisher, P.K. Subban, Roman Yosi and so many more. These guys have become heroes in the Tennessee state capitol. Throughout the past few seasons, there have been injuries in the starting lineup of players. And yet, the team seemed to rally and make an incredible impact.

It is clear that there is a sense of family and unity of the Nashville Predators. And this love has extended to the city of Nashville, too. What is not to be proud of your city when it is excelling so much in the sports world? The Preds are converting non-fans into becoming their biggest cheerleaders.

What is it about this team that brings people together? Is it the Tim McGraw chants? The bright yellow jerseys? The fact that hockey has never before been a Southern sport?

Nashville is one of the greatest cities in America. With its rich history, great attractions and small-town feel, of course, it would draw millions of visitors each year. It's also been noted as one of the fastest-growing cities in America, with the population growth up 2.24% in 2017.

So it's only natural that a city this great would have a killer sports team with it.

There's something about walking into Bridgestone Arena and looking out into the crowd of thousands of others wearing bright yellow jerseys that makes you feel at home. We all have banned together to support these guys hitting a puck around on the ice for a few hours. This competitive nature is deep within our Predators players, and this momentum is what continues to make the team so successful. That, and the crowds that flock to see them play each game.

While there are no guarantees with how successful the Preds may be this season, I know for sure that Nashvillians near and far will continue to cheer them on. With a team spirit like this one, there is no stopping those Predators.