Time Is Of The Essence, Thus, Use It Wisely And Effectively

Understanding that we must live in the moment, but respect ourselves enough to value our time.

8
www.yourtango.com

Time is the one thing in this life that we will never be able to get back. Whether it be work, school, friendships, relationships, etc., everything in life requires time in order to groom and better understand it. Therefore, it is important to know when to invest it and when to simply move forward.

I always looked at time as something that simply existed. Something that society placed into our minds to make us feel like we have to perform a task in a certain manner at a certain rate. Until I realized that I won't be able to have the opportunities that I have before me. Time and opportunity are two of the most powerful components when used together effectively and appropriately. In order to hone, master, and share your craft, time must be placed into it. The saying, "Rome was not built in a day" comes to mind when I think of this concept. Yes, patience is truly a virtue, that a lot of today's society lacks. But, it can lead to some of the most wonderful manifestations that would not be possible if we didn't allow it to marinate.

From my current life perspective, friendships and relationships are one area where time can be completely wasted if we aren't careful. Understand: the amount of time you have known an individual does not coincide with the amount of bullshit you have to tolerate. Whether it be your friend of five months or the person who gave birth to you, when a situation is dead, stop trying to give life to it. Rather invest your time into a talent that can help better you in the long haul or in someone who is willing to help better you as an individual.

Taking control of who and what receives our time can be a life-changing power move. Own your time and use it to its entirety because you only have one life to live.