There's Not Enough Time In The Day For College Students

Juggling a lot of things can lead to stress and sleep deprivation.
1181

Tired?

Stressed?

Yeah, me too.

Most college students are dealing with these problems. The average college student takes 18 credits per semester. That's a heavy work load. It's hard to find time in the day to get everything done. Every class gives homework, so when you're not in class you're doing homework, but also most college student have to juggle work and a social life.

This results in a lot of stress and one of these things takes the back burner. For some it's sleep. To juggle all of these things, a certain percent of college students suffer from sleep deprivation because they stay up to do school work.

For others, their school work takes the back burner so they have time to work and have a social life. This results in bad grades and usually it's why students drop out of college. It's hard to find a happy medium.

The best advice I can give is to plan everything out. Have set times when you do your homework. If you stay on track treat yourself to a night off to hang out with friends. School should always come first in my opinion. Work when you can, if you're too busy in the week, just work weekends. But most importantly save a little time for just yourself to watch Netflix or do anything that helps you relax and de-stress.

I know it can be tempting to go to all of the parties with your friends because you don't want to miss out on anything, but prioritize and you can still go to parties. Probably not every night but you'll have time for one or two. Just remember, school does come first.