Thoughts You Have When You're Dieting

Thoughts You Have When You're Dieting

So many temptations...

18
Thoughts You Have When You're Dieting

Recently I decided to "change my lifestyle" aka (die)t. I've been changing up what I eat, drinking more water, and working out a lot more. I have also gotten rid of my precious sweet tea. So far, the change I've seen has been wonderful, but that doesn't mean it's been easy. Oh, dear God, it has NOT been easy. In fact, sometimes I think I'm even crazier than I was before I decided to "change my ways" and be a "better me." Please, sense the sarcasm.

I probably didn't choose the best time to make this change, given that the holidays are coming up and my grandma makes the BEST creamed potatoes, cornbread, fried chicken, chocolate cake, etc., but I'm sticking to it.

So, let me give you a little look into my daily thoughts.

This is basically me, all of the time.

When you go out and you see all of the delicious food options you have in your city like Cook Out, Bojangles, McDonald's, Goodberry's, Snoopy's!!!!

Trying to justify yourself as to why you should eat the unhealthy stuff...

Wanting to avoid vegetables at all costs because that's all you've eaten for the past month!!!

Knowing you can't have three slices of pizza like you used to literally feels like a heartbreak :(

Watching your skinny family members and friends eat anything and everything.

You literally have an internal battle with yourself as to why you should just stop now and get fat and die of obesity.

But then you remember the progress you've made and how you're starting to feel more confident, alive, and energized.

I've truly learned that changing the way you eat and live is a mental challenge. The difficult part is the vast temptations that surround me every day, but with a great support system of family and friends, faith, and a few surprisingly delicious-healthy-treats I've discovered, it's worth it. Having more energy and being able to do what I want without feeling bogged down is a plus too. Remember, you have one life to live and one body to get through it. Treat it with kindness.