10 Thoughts You Have While Going On Your Daily Run

1. "I wonder what I'm going to eat after this?"

354

Running has been a part of my life since I was in about third grade. Once I started at that young tender age, I never looked back. As I'm out and about running through whatever neighborhood or trail, I have these thoughts that I feel as though most runners have, but it could possibly be just me. So, without further ado these are the thoughts!

Food is fuel, yeah I get that. But, at the same rate I never stop thinking about the possibility of just pouring food into my mouth after literally pounding my feet into the ground.

2.  "Where is the closest bathroom?"

Our bodies know when nature calls and sometimes it happens while you're in the middle of a run. Most definitely the worst feeling while running, this comes from several runs of feeling like an accident is going to happen at any given step.

3. "Halfway there!"

Hitting that halfway point is always an amazing feeling! You have gone through half of the workout. Almost there just keep running.

4. "This wind is awful."

Living in Michigan during the fall is fun. The colors are all over the trees, the sun is out, it's not hot anymore, but there is always something to screw it up; the wind. During the fall the wind will gust in your face and it makes you never want to run outside ever again.

5. “Am I really going that fast/slow?”

Looking down at the watch when you're going fast: Wow I'm flying, go me! The thought when looking at how slow you're going: "It's not me, its the weather and that five-gallon tub of ice cream I ate the night before that's slowing me down."

6.  “That cute girl totally noticed me.”

Yeah, that girl is totally impressed at how short my shorts are, how toned my legs are, or maybe it's the weird face I'm making while I'm breathing so I don't fall to the ground. Either way, she totally noticed me. I think this one is a personal one.

7. “If my GPS doesn’t locate I’m out.”

Waiting for the GPS to connect is frustrating, especially in the cold. If the watch doesn't locate anytime soon I'm going to go home and binge that show I meant to watch three weeks ago.

8. “Alright here comes the second wind!”

May feel very tired, but all of the sudden that second wind kicks in and instantly the feeling of getting this run done is back.

9. “My nipples are chafing so badly.”

This is most definitely something runners go through. Don't judge me, there have been several occasions of this burning and uncomfortable feeling.

10. “Why do I do this?”

Probably the biggest thought of them all. No matter how far I'm going I will always have this thought and I assume other runners do too. But, at the end of the day, it's the love and the adrenaline that keeps us going. Running is what keeps our spirit warm, I will never give it up no matter how hard it gets.