71 Thoughts Every Graduating Liberty Student Has Definitely Had

It's been a wild four years, my friends.

3201
Instagram: @experiencelu

Ah, freshman year. When political debate meant whether or not we should have double swipes, when our greatest worry was our 7:45 morning class—the time before going to Convo meant attending a pop concert with smoke machines and lasers.

If you're graduating Liberty University this year, here's 71 thoughts and memories you've definitely had over the course of your 8 semesters here:

1. I don't know who David Nasser is, but the man publically gave out his phone number, we've got ourselves a saint.

2. What's with the bricks?

3. 🙂

4. So the Glass Mansion isn't actually made of glass?

5. Did the...did the bus route just change mid-semester?

6. Where did the courtyard go?? It was there when I was a CFAW!

7. There's a robot in the library?!

8. Chubbies will be the death of us all.

9. That's a lot of construction.

10. That's a lot of construction.

11. That's a lot of construction.

12. Is there convo tomor—Vines is under construction.

13. I swear to God if a plane gets this close during Convo again...

14. To whoever dropped their cup down the stairs at Convo, you're the real MVP.

15. Be very, very afraid of Anne Voskamp and water bottles.

16. It's CFAW weekend! *rubs hands* Gonna get me some Rot today.

17. It's CFAW weekend! GET ME OUT OF HERE.

18. There's a bowling alley in DeMoss???

19. There's a convience store in DeMoss???

20. Why is it called U-Food and not just, like, dry chicken-sandwich plus swipe?

21. Yes I'm sure, it's pronounced "faaah," not "foe."

22. This isn't the right bus.

23. Why are all the buses numbered in the 70s, that's so...oh.

24. There's a MINI-Rot at the Annex?

25. Whatever happened to the Annex?

26. How to get to the Rot during construction? Follow the tiny brick road!

27. Is it just me, or are the Commons becoming more...common?

28. Apparently the Library has a super-secret quiet room that like, actually looks like a library?

29. *Stares at "Liberty-Secure."* JERRY THE WIFI IS OUT.

30. Has anyone ever asked how the Jerrrrry thing started?

31. I don't care what Nasser says, I'm still calling you a prayer leader.

32. Not another political Convo.

33. Not another political Convo.

34. Not another political Convo.

35. Why is Thor singing and playing the guitar?

36. Not another political Convo.

37. Not another political Convo.

38. Oh my god can we just have a TED Talk?!

39. Wait, we can kiss now?

40. Too bad it's just me and my Flames Pass lolol

41. Wait, we can wear ripped jeans now?

42. Wait, we can watch rated-R Movies now?

43. Wait, we can wear leggings to the gym?

44. Wait, we can wear T-shirts to class now?

45. Wait, we can wear miniskirts to...no, no no no! That's not in the dress code, why are you—

46. Remember that one time Ted Cruz announced his run for presidency at Vines and we all had to go and the media got wind of it so now we have ONE Convo skip a semester?

47. Remember the *TBT? Good times, good times. *(Time before Trump)

48. Remember when we all sang Hillsong's "Oceans," like, 45 times that one semester?

49. Remember that one time Jerry said—yeah, no, I don't like to remember either.

50. So, let me get this straight. Our speaker for Convo is a juggler??

52. So, let me get this straight. Even though we're 21, we can't—

53. VINES AT VINES!!

54. The Rot is serving grapes, I kid you not, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, we have grapes, people. First real pineapple, now grapes on the vine?? God is good.

55. *Stares at new Rot nutrition card* Are you trying to tell me that this cookie, this small, chocolate chip cookie, is over 300 calories?!

56. There's a tunnel by the Library?!

57. So is the song "Cornerstone" the theme for that apartment complex?

58. The elevator will always stop on the second floor, this is a proven fact.

59. STOP GETTING OFF ON THE SECOND FLOOR IF YOU AREN'T INJURED OR IMPAIRED.

60. Montview is the greatest blessing since the library upgraded from a closet.

61. Oh, ahaha, I get it, "ring by spring," it rhymes.

62. Wait, you mean—you mean that's an actual thing?

63. Oh, God. Oh Lord save us all.

64. STOP RINGING BY SPRING, IT'S JUST A RHYME.

65. Why is the "C" word around here *whispers* "Calvinist"?

66. So we can't...are you saying...we can't dance? *Looks off into the distance, reimagining Footloose*

67. The view from the Tower sure beats top of DeMoss, but does the Tower have cool benches?

68. So we built a tower and not a parking garage...why?

69. So we're building a new School of Business and not a parking garage...why?

70. So we're getting rid of the parking lot to build the School of Business...why?

71. If a group of eagles is called a "convocation," but we're the Liberty Flames, why is our mascot an eagle called "Sparky" and has nothing to do with our actual Convocation? Why don't we just have, like, fire as our mascot? Why an eagle? Is it because we're American? Is Christianity equivalent to American patriotism? Does it symbolize freedom? Are we meant to burn our opponents? Why isn't anyone asking these questions?!