15 Times Hermione Granger's Facial Expressions Were On Point With Your Daily Struggles

726
www.giphy.com

Emma Watson, best known for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series written by J.K. Rowling, is much more than just the bushy-haired, bright-eyed, witch who stole the world's heart in 2001. From day one, her natural beauty, loveable honesty and charismatic nature proved to be a magical contrast with her costars Ron Weasley, the clumsy, big-hearted ginger, and Harry Potter, the gangling, impulsive wizard. Her quick wit was engaging and magnetic throughout the series.

As if being an actress and model wasn't enough, Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson decided to take on another role: activist.

As a Brown graduate, Watson promoted education for girls by visiting countries such as Bangladesh, Zambia, and Uruguay. Soon after, she was appointed UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and launched her UN Women campaign HeForShe in 2014. This campaign calls for equality among genders, as Watson was careful to specify that feminism is not "man hating." Watson named #26 on the TIME Magazine's World's Top 100 Most Influential People list, and she has brought a refreshing new light on feminism. Never ceasing to amaze us, it only warms my heart to know that she was perfectly cast back in 1999. She continues to parallel the brave ambitious character Hermione Granger in her real life. Here are 15 times Hermione Granger perfectly described your daily thoughts.

1. "Oh, please continue."

When your inner voice is thinking, "When will this person stop talking so I can stop pretending to listen?" "I have never been bored in my life." "I really need to start listening when people talk."

2. *The nervous laugh*

When someone tells a joke and you don't get it: Option A: Ask again but run the risk of looking stupid or making the joke not funny because they have to say it again with the chance that you still won't get it. Or Option B: laugh along and hope it was a joke you are supposed to laugh at.

3. "Were they being funny or serious?"

When you don't know what response the person is expecting after they tell you something, so they stare at you. If you smile and shake your head in agreement they will just assume you knew what they were intending.

4. "I am awake."

When you are day dreaming and someone asks you something, so you almost get caught not paying attention. You pull it off with grace and think to yourself, "I'm sure they had no idea."

5. "Should have kept that one in my head..."

When you say something and as soon as you say it, you know it was a lot funnier in your head. You smile and laugh hoping people will just let it pass.

7. "What an idiot."

When someone is complaining about someone else not knowing something but you think to yourself, "Do I know what that is?" Naturally you respond with, "What an idiot," and hope if you agree with them they won't ask you any details.

8. *Smile and nod*

That moment when you make awkward eye contact with someone, but they were actually waving and smiling at the person behind you, so you just smile and nod like you knew they were waving to the person behind you the whole time.

9. "Can't do anything about it now."

When someone asks if your exam, board meeting or job interview went well, and you know you bombed that sucker. You laugh because, well, you can't do anything about it now.

10. "'Attempted' being the key word."

When someone asks if you had a productive afternoon, and you smile in agreement, but secretly knowing that you attempted Pinterest projects while watching the Kardashians all afternoon.

11. "Can't fix stupid."

When someone says something completely ignorant and you think to yourself, "How have they made it this far?"

13. "Do you want a gold star for that?"

When someone brags to you that they went to the gym all morning and only ate salads that day, but you had a cheeseburger at McD's and haven't run since your neighbor's wiener dog chased you to your car the other morning.

14. "Yep, this is happening." "Need to reevaluate life. ASAP."

When you go on Facebook and two friends just announced their engagement, one just got married and another had a baby. You just climbed out of some window on a Sunday morning and are currently trying to look not hungover while dodging the people on their way to church.

15. "So this is what my life has come to."

When you're having one of those days and someone is trying to calm you down by telling you all these positive thoughts, and you have to tell yourself, "Violence isn't a solution."

Thank you, Miss Granger, for many laughs.