For Those Undecided..

For Those Undecided..

If you're still unsure on whom to vote for, here are some factors that might influence your decision. Whatever your decision, GO VOTE!

9
For Those Undecided..
Stone Hill Blogs

The elections are only a few days away!

I remember waking up at 5:30 am the day of the primaries because I was so excited to vote. Sadly, some of you are still undecided, both about who to vote for and if to vote at all. On behalf of America, GO VOTE! On the one side, it is your duty as a citizen of this country; on the other, if you do not vote, you can't complain about the outcome of the elections and policies that result from it. If you're unsure how to vote, refer to the gif below.

Well, there's two issues solved there: you now know how to vote and why you should vote. Let's move on to the bigger issue, though. If you do not know who to cast your vote for, I am here to help with that! Below I outline the most important difference between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. After this, I expect you to go vote. So, let's begin, shall we?

Tax Policy

Clinton

Clinton's plan is to increase taxes on high-income earner. New tax bracket of 43.6% for incomes greater than $5mn. Clinton's tax plan is estimated to get $200-$500 million in higher revenue for the federal government.

Trump

Trump's Tax Plan includes new federal income tax brackets: 0% (< $25K individual/$50K couple), 10%, 20%, 25%, and to eliminate AMT (alternative minimum tax.). He plans to lower corporate tax rate to 15%, making his tax plan cost the federal government $9.5 trillion.

Economic Policy

Clinton

Clinton plans on rasing the minimum wage to $12 nationwide. Also, she plans to encourage cororate profit sahring via a tax credit for two years.

Trump

His views on minimum wage fluctuate. He has stated that $7.25 an hour is "too high" but also that it is too low. Believes that states should set the minimum. Furthermore, he wants to declare China a currency manipulator and establish a one-time repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at 10% tax rate, followed by an end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad.

Immigration

Clinton

Clinton believes in the path of legalization for illegal immigrants which include assimilation and paying fines. Also, she believes that there should be tougher penalties for those who hire illegal immigrants. She supports the DREAM Act and Obama's executive action.

Trump

Trump believes in building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. He believes that there is a way for legal immigration. Believes also in deporting "criminal aliens", ending birthright citizenship, and tripling the number of ICE officers.

Abortion

Clinton

Strong supporter of Roe v. Wade, does not oppose restrictions on late-pregnancy abortions (with exceptions for health of mother), and opposes defunding of Planned Parenthood.

Trump

No firm position; fluctuates in various interviews. However, his most recent stance is to outlaw abortion except for in the cases of rape, incest, or life of mother. Trump is also supportive of non-abortion services provided by Planned Parenthood.

Global Warming

Clinton

Clinton supports a mandatory cap and trade system to reduce carbon emissions by 80% below 1990 levels by the year 2050. She has also called for more regualations on fracking and expressed doubts on drilling for oil on the Artic.

Trump

Trump tweeted "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." He has said he would renegotiate America’s role and obligations under the U.N. global climate accord. Plans to "cut" EPA, by reducing it but not eliminating it.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR THE COLLEGE STUDENTS...

Clinton
"I feel strongly that we have to have an education system that starts with preschool and goes through college. That’s why I want more technical education and community colleges, real apprenticeships to prepare young people for the jobs of the future. I want to make college debt-free and for families making less than $125,000, you will not get a tuition bill from a public college or a university if the plan that I worked on with Bernie Sanders is enacted.”

Clinton believes in free tuition at four-year public colleges and universities for in-state students whose families earn $85,000 or less a year. By 2021, the income limit would rise to $125,000. Free tuition at all community colleges. Lower interest rates on federal student loans. Debt relief for current borrowers, including the option to refinance their loans at current federal rates.

Trump
"Ensure that the opportunity to attend a two or four-year college, or pursue a trade or a skill set through covational and technical education, will be easier to access, pay for, and finish."

In an October 13 speech in the college town of Columbus, Ohio, he addressed the issue of student debtmore specifically, proposing an income-based repayment plan pegged to 12.5% of a borrower’s income, with the remainder of the loan forgiven after 15 years.

In the end, who you choose is ultimately your decision. But please vote! It's your duty; it's your right; and it's your responsibility. If you do not vote, do not sit there and complain the next few years about how terrible the government is, if you're not willing to do something to change it. So, on November 8, go vote! And if for some reason you're still hesistant on whether or not to vote, just listen to Shia Labeouf and JUST DO IT!

*information gathered from non-partisan websites.