As A Liberal Black Woman, I Have Every Right To Resist Trump's Presidency

I've seen enough and I've heard enough; I'm so over Donald Trump!

21
www.abc.net

I am a liberal; I am the thing conservatives fear. I am the person Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Ann Colter, Tomi Lahren, and Fox News bitch, rant, and whine about on a daily basis.

But you see I’m more than just a liberal; I am a strong, proud, black woman. I am a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a friend. I am all of these things FIRST, but in today’s society, my race, my political party, and my personal ideologies identify me before anything else. In Donald Trump’s America, I am a ‘loser’, a ‘whiney little baby’, a ‘libtard’, a ‘snow flake’ , ‘un-American’, an evil person with no soul who seeks to destroy the fabric of American society with my evil words like ‘Equality’, ‘Equal Pay’, ‘Gay Rights’, ‘Feminism’ ‘Abortion’, ‘Racism’, ‘White Supremacy’, ‘Systemic Racism’, ‘Immigration’, ‘White Privilege’, and ‘Gun Control’.

But what’s wrong with wanting and or respecting those things?

Why should some rich, old, white guy have the right to tell me that I can’t have an abortion? Why should I have to listen to him tell me how I am killing a child based on the bible? What if I don’t subscribe to Christianity or to any religion at all? Why do rich old white dudes get to tell insurance companies and health care providers not to give me birth control? Ironically, these same rich, old white dudes laugh in my face and tell me ‘you shouldn’t have opened your legs’ as they pass laws to deny me assistance to properly care for the child they forced me to keep.

Why do we have rich, old white dudes controlling whether or not a woman is lying about if she’s been raped? Why are men being given slaps on the wrists for rape crimes? Is the future of some sick prick who couldn’t keep his hands to himself more important than the life of the woman he raped?

Why should I make 80 cents to the white man’s dollar if I'm a woman, or 63 cents to the white man’s dollar if I'm an African American woman?

Why is it that I can’t say ‘Black Lives Matter’, but the Confederate Flag is held as a symbol of what it means to be American? Why are the Black Panthers Anti-White, but the Klu Klux Klan is simply ‘just a small group of idiots’? Why am I as a black person told to ‘get over slavery’ but yet we hear about The Holocaust and 9/11 over, and over, and over again? Why is it that black and brown people are automatically labeled as ‘domestic threats’, when terrorism in this country is also done by white people and all they have to do is plead insanity to get off?

Why does Fox News (and President Donald Trump) believe that all black people live in the ‘inner cities’ and that we’re all poor, jobless, and uneducated? Did they not get the memo that black women are some of the most educated people in the country? Also, why is it that when Fox News discusses the myth of ‘Black-on-Black crime’ they automatically mention Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, and Ferguson as if that’s where all black people live?

How come when black people ‘riot’, white people love to (mis)quote Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, who by the way, never ONCE condemned black rioters and or protesters? In fact, he said that rioting was the ‘language of the unheard.' Ironically, when white people riot because their favorite sports team lost a game, they’re labeled as ‘angry fans’...

Why is it that Affirmative Action is bad when it comes to people of color, but yet it benefits white women more than any other group?

Why the hell are we so concerned with where somebody goes to the bathroom or how they identify sexually, or who they love? Don’t we have better things to worry about like I don’t know…poverty?

Why do we believe that guns aren’t a problem in this country, but each year, we have a mass shooting that takes the lives of innocent people?

Why is it that a black person and a white person can go on a job interview with the EXACT SAME RESUME but yet the black person’s chances of getting hired are almost nonexistent if they have natural hair or if their name has too many syllables? Also, why does a white person with a criminal record have a better chance at getting a job than a black person?

Why is it that when I discuss these things or fight for these rights, Fox News automatically says I am ‘dividing the country’?

Why is it that I am now being forced to ‘come together’ and unite with Donald Trump and his cabinet members who wish to destroy everything that I am and everything that I support?

I have been watching our now president for the past 18 months spread nasty lies and hurtful rhetoric. I have researched his cabinet picks; I have had my eyes glued to the television as he continues to sign executive orders that did everything he promised to do in his campaign and then some. I have researched his healthcare and tax plans using bipartisan research, I have watched him whine like a child on Twitter when someone says something mean about him. I have watched Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer discuss ‘alternative facts’ in order to appease our overly sensitive president’s feelings. I have seen how the new executive orders are already starting to have serious and harmful effects on millions of people. I have seen enough, and I have heard enough.

I’m not going to ‘come together’ with the very people who are doing everything they can to protect the whiteness of this country. Today, I am in resistance mode. Today I will research and fight and educate myself. Today, I will become more active in my community; I will protect and invest in people who look like me and who share the same values that I do.

Until I am shown differently, I will continue to be resistant; I will fight like hell to protect the lives and the investments of others like me.

So conservative media, call me what you’d like. Go ahead right-wingers, keep telling me how I am ruining the country, but I will not be silenced because I am different, not another day.

Sincerely,

A Damn Proud Liberal.