Dear Mom, If I Haven't Told You This Enough...

I can only hope that when I’m older, I am half the woman that you are.

250
Jamie Lewkowitz

We should always take the time to tell and show our Mom’s that we are grateful for them, but especially on Mother’s Day. It can be hard to find the exact words to show all of our love and appreciation, but this letter covers the many things that we often don’t tell our Mom's enough.

Dear Mom,

1. I appreciate all of our talks.

From our serious conversations to our silly ones and every other in between, I know you are always there for me. You are the first one I share my accomplishments with, tears to, and laughs with. You have been there to dry every tear, make me laugh when I want to cry, and hold my hand through the tough times.

2. You are the best role model anyone could ask for.

Your strength has pushed our whole family through our toughest of times and inspires me to be the best person I could possibly be. I admire the fact that you always put others before yourself, and we would all be lost without you.

3. Your love is contagious.

Whether it’s waking up in the morning or going to sleep to an “I love you” text, coming home to a small gift just because, or surprise visiting me at school, you never fail to show myself and others your love and appreciation. I hope that one day my children will feel just as loved and supported by me as I feel from you each and every day.

4. I am so grateful that you are always my biggest fan.

From my successes to my failures, good days to bad, busy and calm, you are always there for me. Ever since I was little, you came to every sporting event and school activity that you could possibly attend. Whether it was standing in the bleachers at my basketball games, coming close to freezing to death at 8 a.m. soccer games or volunteering as the classroom mom in school, I knew I could always count on you to be there and support me. To this day, nothing has changed and I know that you are always a phone call away, no matter where I am.

5. Your guidance has made me into the person that I am today.

You have taught me everything I know, what is right from wrong, and have put me in the right direction in life. There are no words to describe how appreciative I am, and I owe everything in my life to you.

6. Thank you for being my best friend and mom all put into one.

Not everyone is as lucky as I am to say that their mom is also their best friend, and I am truly blessed each and every day that I was given you as mine. You have been there through all of the scary, funny, sad, and joyous moments, and I couldn’t imagine not having you in my life. We have had our fair share of fights just like any other mother and daughter, but they’re always resolved because our bond is too strong to be broken.

You truly are the best mom in the world, and I can only hope that when I’m older, I am half the woman that you are.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mommy’s Little Girl