13 One-Liners Single People Definitely Don't Want To Hear Around Valentine's Day

"Just because Valentine's Day is on a Wednesday doesn't mean you can have a sad Wine Wednesday by yourself."

447
nathaninsandiego / Flickr

Cuffing season is hell for those who are single, especially its culminating event, Valentine's Day. Around Valentine's Day, those who aren't single seem to forget how much we hate the holiday or they just don't care. It can be so frustrating being the only single one, or the single one whose friends are all in relationships.

Here are some things every single person has heard around Valentine's Day:

1. "Did you see ________'s Instagram post?"

2. "Just because Valentine's Day happens to be on a Wednesday doesn't mean you can justify having a sad Wine Wednesday by yourself."

3. "Sorry, I can't come to your Galentine's Day party. I'm going out."

4. "Maybe we could do a double date? I know a guy."

5. "You'll find love eventually. I know it."

6. "Is that Valentine's Day candy for yourself?"

7. "Are you going out with anyone this year?"

8. "You can't be alone on Valentine's Day."

9. "That's OK! You could always try Tinder."

10. "What are your plans?... Netflix binge?"

11. "When is the last time you were on a date?"

12. "Seriously? Just find a date."

13. "You need to lighten up."

Valentine's Day will be OK. You will get through it. I promise. If you're still worried, take comfort in the fact that you aren't the only one.