Things Not To Say To A Tennessean

Things Not To Say To A Tennessean

Because if you say the wrong thing... Bless your heart.

976
Things Not To Say To A Tennessean
Lydia Doss

As a southerner there are a lot of phrases or questions I hear every so often that just really rub me the wrong way. So, to help y'all out, here's a list of things NEVER to say to a Tennessean.

1. "Wow, the Vols had a rough year."

I am not immune to the fact that my team may not have performed the best this year, but we will always have something that no other team has: Peyton Manning.

2. "I really thought everyone with a southern accent was dumb."

Oh, wow thanks Tim from Sociology who asks me for my homework every week. I know, it must be shocking that my accent doesn't effect my brain capacity.

3. "Want some unsweet tea?"

The response will always be "No thank you."

4. "Are you sure? I can give you some sugar packets to add in."

...

5. "I really hate country music."

Now, I'm not saying everybody here loves country music, but Nashville is Music City. Therefore, country music holds a special place in every Tennessean's heart. For example, ANY Rascal Flatts' song will always start a impromptu jam session.

6. "Who is Dolly Parton?"

Ask this question and you'll be answered with a full Power Point presentation over the greatest woman to ever exist.

7. "Why is the weather so unpredictable here?"

This one we just don't know the answer to. Just layer up and hope for the best.

8. "This isn't a Coke, it's a Pepsi."

Everything. Is. A. Coke.

9. "Why are you freaking out over a little snow?"

We are not prepared for this. Let us freak out over that inch and a half in peace.

10. "Tennessee isn't that great."

Tennessee is the best state ever, and if you think otherwise...well... bless your heart.

via">https://giphy.com/gifs/music-video-dolly-parton-ho... GIPHY