To All The Songs I've Ever Loved

To All The Songs I've Ever Loved

Looking for the 'Lara Jean' ode to music? You've found it.

55
https://pixabay.com/en/couple-love-sunset-water-sun-915986/

Sometimes, music can speak louder than words. Think of it as a "thank you" to music for putting my feelings, thoughts, and dreams into perfect melodies. You're music to my ears, literally. Here's a small list of some songs that have expressed my emotions for me:

1. "For Emma" by  Bon Iver

Bon Iver never fails to make me feel things I've never felt before. Love, hate, sacrifice, all of it. He has a way of turning a raw and potentially confusing feeling into something real. "For Emma," you really do make me feel it all.

2. "The Girl" by City and Colour

"The Girl" will forever be one of my all-time favorite songs. City and Colour tugs the heartstrings of girls around the world with this one. "The Girl," you make me happy that love is real.

3. "All I Want" by Kodaline

It'll make your heart yearn for something. Kodaline transforms the feeling of missing and longing for someone into something tragically beautiful. "All I Want," you helped with heartbreak.

4. "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran 

Topping my list of Ed Sheehan songs is this one for sure. "Give Me Love" reveals how loneliness and heartbreak have their own sound. Definitely a tear-jerker...every time. "Give Me Love," you helped me find what I deserve.

5. "Stop This Train" by John Mayer

As a college student, I relate to this song immensely. It perfectly explains the realization of how fast life is going, yet how much is still ahead. Sometimes all we want is for life to pause, just for a second, and allow us to reflect and enjoy a moment that we know we'll long for later and reminisce on. "Stop This Train," you made me miss moments before they were over.

6. "I'm With You" by Vance Joy

Relationships have ups and downs, some go right and some go wrong. "I'm With You" describes the feeling of meeting someone different and just knowing. It's difficult to explain but Vance Joy gives that feeling light. "I'm With You," you made me re-think people.

7. "Love Like Ghosts" by Lord Huron

Not everyone is lucky enough to recognize love when they come across it-- or find it, at that. Lord Huron is ~totally relatable~ in a metaphorical way about being losing a lover or trying to find one. "Love Like Ghosts," you made me see how lucky I am.

8. "Self Control" by Frank Ocean

Sometimes people can make you do crazy things. It could be stemmed from love, hate, jealousy, compassion, or any emotion really. It's miraculous the way humans can affect one another in such intense ways. This song puts those drives into harmony. "Self Control," you show me how intense emotions can be.

9. "Heartbeats" by José González

This song is just PRETTY. Everything about it. It's uplifting, yet somehow makes you think beyond surface thoughts. "Heartbeats," thanks for making my brain hurt...in a good way.

10. "Ends of The Earth" by Lord Huron

One of my favorites. This song screams adventure, wanderlust, and human connection. "Ends of The Earth," thank you for letting me picture the most beautiful world filled with beautiful people every time I close my eyes while listening.

11. "Bloom" by The Paper Kites

This song feels like butterflies. It's gentle and warm and never gets old. "Bloom," thank you for always being there and giving me happy thoughts.

12. "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac

A classic that truly never fails me. "Landslide," thank you for letting me sing with the windows down.

13. "Cigarette Daydreams" by Cage the Elephant

This song reminds me of high school...listening to it in the car with friends, at parties, alone in my room. "Cigarette Daydreams," thank you for helping me reminisce.

14. "Northern Wind" by City and Colour

Comparing people to nature can be so overdone sometimes...this ISN'T one of those times. City and Colour perfectly describes how you could feel about a person using metaphors of nature. "Northern Wind," thank you for helping me see the people I love all around me and wherever I go.

15. "Georgia" by Vance Joy

Welcome to metaphor heaven! Vance Joy is the mastermind at portraying love in a way that many musicians can't. "Georgia," you give me a deeper understanding of lyrics.

16. "Peaches" by In the Valley Below

The first time I heard this song it was in the movie "Endless Love." Now, every time I hear it, I think about the relationship in that movie and how the two of them show just how powerful love can be. "Peaches," thank you for reminding me that love is out there.

17. "Better Together" by Jack Johnson

It's a FEEL GOOD song and a true classic. Jack Johnson's light-hearted music never fails to put me at ease and is perfect for studying. "Better Together," you've spread happy vibes and got me through hour 12 at the library.

18. "Vienna" by Billy Joel 

Vienna makes you feel too old before you're 20. Billy Joel makes you look at what you've done in life and imagine how the older you would look at yourself-- if that makes sense. "Vienna," thank you for making me realize that I have time, but that I shouldn't waste it.

19. "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last

Another one that reminds me of a movie..."Turning Page" takes me right to Bella and Edward. Yes, "Twilight" is definitely far from reality-- but underlying it all, it portrays complicated love. Whether it's a love triangle or timing, this song makes me think of that. "Turning Page," thank you for reminding me about different types of love.