The Search For Mr. Wrong

The Search For Mr. Wrong

Before you meet Mr. Right, you'll meet this guy.

8
The Search For Mr. Wrong
pexels.com

Every girl starts dreaming of her Mr. Right from the time she ditches the beloved stuffed unicorn she slept with all her toddler life and gets her first cherry lip gloss. After a thousand crushes that usually result in liking a guy 5 years older and never actually speaking to him, it happens. Ah, the first date with your very first boyfriend. Cute, funny, and oh so sweet, he is a dreamy first but not your one. Your first boyfriend gives you an idea of what we call standards. You learn things about guys that you like and dislike or look for. So the first guy wasn't the perfect fit for you and you move towards boys that are more your new found type. This is where things begin to get a little more serious. Every guy you date takes with him a piece of you. They steal your heart one wink at a time. Those half smirks can make any girl melt. Seriously though, ladies, can I get an amen?

It is not hard to fall for the flirtatious ways of the male species. You will date a jerk, you will date a loser, you will date a nice guy, you will date a best friend. You will lower your standards for certain guys and higher your standards to flee from others. Some of these relationships end up being great memories and great friendships. Some you will never want to see again as long as you live. Regardless of how each plays out, a pattern begins. Mr. Wrong after Mr. Wrong after Mr. Wrong. One guy meets your standards but you just aren't attracted to him or one guy lacks a few qualities you can't get past or maybe he was just a mistake altogether. No matter, you know that these guys are not who you want to spend the rest of your life with. But, should anybody really regret a Mr. Wrong? No.

Every guy that breaks your heart, that isn't for you, or that returns to the friend zone is just making the path for the one, the only, Mr. Right. Don't grow up trying your hardest to avoid guys as a whole. Learn from each one. These relationships form you into who you are even if it's in small ways. After every break up, you walk away with a new lesson learned and a better head on your shoulders. Yeah, we all dream of finding Mr. Right, but it takes a few wrongs. They really do help you grow as a person. You're gonna get your heart broken a couple times, you'll fall in love over and over, you'll wonder if there is someone out there meant for you. Cartons of ice cream are the best kind of medicine for times like those.

Mr. Wrong can hurt or he can encourage, but whatever the situation remember that there is a guy out there designed by God specifically for you. He has hand picked a man that exceeds your standards. And you will know that he is without a doubt your Mr. Right. So stop and take time to thank Mr. Wrong for all of his help in finding the love of your life because he wasn't. Settling for him makes you stumble upon the man of your dreams. Please don't look back and wish you had never dated that jock in college or the pizza delivery boy in your hometown. After all, Mr. Right could be the jock's tutor or the pizza guy's best friend. Be thankful to every Mr. Wrong that has led you to your perfect Mr. Right.