The Power Of One

The Power Of One

"One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all"

52
The Power Of One
magic4walls

We have all heard that saying, it only takes one. One voice. One person. One life. One difference. It only takes one to change the world.

There is a lot of power in the number one. Remember that one guy who won the most Olympic medals? Or how about the one team who won the super bowl six times? You mean you have never heard that one song everybody’s singing? That one guy who sings? That one girl with the laugh? How about that one God? Haven’t you heard? It’s all about the one.

In the church, we like to say “it is all worth it, even if we only change one life”. We say it and we mean it, but I am not so sure that we practice it in such a way.

Because we all want more than one.

More people. More likes. More numbers. More talking. More of everything. We live in a world where we always want more. We want so much that sometimes we think that if we cannot handle all of the “more’s”, then maybe we shouldn’t do it at all. Sometimes I feel the same way when I am writing. I want more people to read. I mean, what if I only got one view? Is it really worth writing anymore?

What if only one person liked your Instagram picture? Your Facebook status? Would you delete it?

Maybe you like being one. Maybe you like being one of many. But you still hold the power of one. You might feel like your friend’s voice is always the one being heard, but yours counts too. You have the chance to be one individual, a part of one team, a part of one community; you have the opportunity to point in one direction and make that be at the One God. You are blessed because you have the chance to not only be one, but save one. Even if it is only one. But I feel like now that I have told you the power of one, we shouldn’t say, “even if it is only one”, but ”especially for the one”.

You never know the effect your words will have on someone. You cannot predict the legacy you will leave even after you are gone. So do it for the one. The one guy who is eavesdropping on your conversation. The one friend who watches what you post on social media. The one kid that wants to walk in your footsteps. The one girl that sits next to you in class. The one person who could only be passing through for an instance.

There is one who created this world. One that created nothing like the other. We are all the only ones like ourselves and there is a great power God has given each one of us. He did not intend for us to do it alone. He wants us to come together as one. There would not be a power greater than that.

Ephesians 4:3-6 – Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.