The Good Part Of Quarantine

The Good Part Of Quarantine

The world has changed for the worst since March, however there is a bright side to all of this.

9
The Good Part Of Quarantine

The coronavirus has taken the world by storm since we were put on a worldwide shut-down in March. Life has completely stopped for months now. Basically nothing is open, we have been locked inside our houses for way too long, life has been hollow. There are some places coming out of it more than others, but that does not change the fact that life still has changed and been on hold for who knows how long? This all is awful and no one likes when their plans are completely ruined. However, what if this quarantine has also done some good for everyone as well?

When quarantine first happened and the world shut down, it was hard to find anything good about the current status of the world. Life didn't feel fair, we could not be around the ones we loved, the biggest days of people's lives had been cancelled, every plan we made had been ruined, nothing felt right. However, after awhile and I mean a long while, it was easier to see some good things that have come about since quarantine began.

The best thing that has come out of this quarantine is time with family. Often times, we do not stop and just sit with our family. The society we live in is always so rushed and busy, there hardly is ever room for quality time. Quarantine has forced us to finally take a breath and just be with our family. I have played cards, had a ton of movie nights, sit at the table and have a meal together, and share many laughs. Normally I am up at college and with my friends; I hardly have time to stop and call even my parents but being at home with no obligations has allowed me to spend way more time than ever with them. This time has been a gift to be with my family and be closer to them.

Quarantine has not been ideal in any way shape or form. Although, I am grateful for it because it has allowed me to have a ton of time with my family.