To The Person Who Chooses To Die

What would happen if you woke up the morning after you died?

You woke up to find your family in uncontrollable tears, police everywhere, paramedics doing everything they can to revive you even though they know there's no chance, and the look on your family's face when they read the note that you left for them.

Saying you LOVED them.

If you loved them though, would you really be doing this to the people who loved you? You would see the devastation and wish you could take it all back, but that's not possible.

The feelings you have at that very moment will change if you give it time. If you make a decision that results in permanency what good is that going to do for you or the people in your life?

Something you probably don't realize is that....

You are LOVED.

You are cared about.

You have people.

You inspire others.

You impact others.

Most importantly, you matter.

Are you convinced yet? Do you care? Will you change your mind yet?

Look at this picture, what do you see? A family, it could be your family laughing and enjoying their time together. Your family will not have that again. Your family will not experience that whole feeling with their entire family. You will no longer be here, be present.

These smiles will also be gone. Your friends will think about why they didn't see the signs or why they didn't stop you. That guilt alone can eat a person up from the inside out, they may not survive it. This cheerfulness you see will not be happening, it will be a gray period. A dark era, trying to understand what happened and make sense out of something that doesn't make sense.

Lastly, you will be disappointing....

Yourself.

When you were little you used to dream about growing up, having a family with lots of kids and animals. As you grew older that ideation that you once had morphed into never being good enough, always caring what others thought about you, and never understanding why no one else knew what you were feeling.

The thing is, all of those deep, dark thoughts just weren't true. They were stories that your mind made up to play with you. These were stories that toyed with you, so that you would never want to grow up, get to the stage of having a family, or even graduate high school.

They put thoughts in your head until those stories were all that consumed you.

You know that isn't right? If you died, you would see that not only you have people who care about you, but they also would do anything for you. They would trade their lives for yours.

You are special. You are important. Your feelings count. You are loved. You matter.