The Mets Just Signed An NFL Quarterback. Perhaps There Is A Good Reason

The Mets Might Have Something Up Their Sleeves Here

26
Dynasty Digest Sports Blog

The city of New York had mixed feelings about the Mets signing former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow. Many fans took on the signing as a pathetic joke, whereas others seemed to not care; it won’t impact the Mets run to the playoffs. It looked, to the aggravated eye, like a publicity stunt to just bring in big bucks in the minor leagues. However, with a little investigation, it seems to potentially be for the sake of something seemingly unrelated: the resigning of Yoenis Cespedes. How could that be?

Ironically (or not), Tebow and Cespedes have the same agent. The man that compelled the Mets to sign the home run hitter also compelled the Mets to sign a baseball player with one year of high school experience. Is there a chance that the irony between the two isn’t irony, but rather an attempt to assure Cespedes’ return to Queens? Will the signing of Tebow impact whether or not the Cuban Defector opts in or opts out of his two extra years in New York?

Joe Benigno, WFAN’s midday radio show host started his three-hour spot stating that he was getting too old to start off his show with news like this. Not hiding how upset he was, his co-host Evan Roberts combatted his opinion with a thought out calculation, revealing the news that Tebow and Cespedes are related through the grapevine, and that the minor league addition of Tebow, will result in the major league continuation of Cespedes. Benigno flipped right around and said something to the affect of: “Nevermind… If it means Cespedes is staying put, I’m in.”

Evan Roberts didn’t begin the trend as to that’s why the Mets did it. Anyone with access to the Internet could have come to the same conclusion. Only time could tell if there is any reality to the theory. It certainly looks pretty convincing.

In regards to where the Mets stand in the playoffs now… this year… Tebow aside… Cespedes is essential. If the Mets were to fall apart (although it doesn’t seem Yoenis does fall apart) the Mets would absolutely fall apart without him in the future. The magic of Kelly Johnson, Wilmer Flores, Asdrubal Cabrera, and all the other surprise acts this year, could all be cited to the success of Cespedes. He fuels the other eight batters in the line up, no questions asked. If the Mets were to power through, past the one game playoff they are likely to play in, and if they make it passed the Cubs all the way to the World Series, and win… number 52 would be your MVP, no questions asked.