The Leadership Test
Politics

The Leadership Test

Who is showing the best leadership during this time of crisis?

6
The Leadership Test
Adam Singer, Flickr

On Friday night October 7, there were five deaths and more than one million people who live in Florida are without power. There are currently four states that have been placed under state of emergency: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina. All of these states are predicted to be hit the hardest by this hurricane called Matthew.

Hurricane Matthew has been very destructive in his path already. Haiti is the best example of that. My thoughts go out to anyone who has any loved ones there. My thoughts and best wishes go to those in Haiti and may they quickly bounce back from this devastation.

This is a presidential election year and there will be a new president in oval office come 2017. Could this Hurricane make or break a campaign? How will our potential leaders react to the hurricane? Will they rise to the occasion and show their leadership, or shy away?

So, what does each candidate have to say about the situation, anyway?

Donald Trump:

He is reiterating "Nothing is more important than the safety of your family."

Hillary Clinton:

Her main point is, "Know America is with you."

Both of these candidates, however, are telling everyone to listen to their local government and thanking the first responders.

Who's doing a better job?

I am leaving that question up to you, the audience. Which candidate do you believe is showing the best leadership in this situation?