The Key To Winning On Your Anniversary

The Key To Winning On Your Anniversary

Goes straight to the feels

15
The Key To Winning On Your Anniversary
Carbon Footprints by Jo Bradney

The arguably most important day couples celebrate is the one-year anniversary. It is only a matter of time after dating that couples begin their long journey to stay sane, avoid homicidal tendencies, and stop sex from drying up like a drop of water in the Sahara. The most strategic individuals will have prep and plan for this day every year, hoping for that big payoff at the end of the night--whatever it might be.

It is these individuals that end up lauded as the winners on their anniversaries. Their elaborate endeavors make even the most jaded, cold-hearted ice queen blush and open up to the power of love. But the true winners are the ones who give their partners a roller-coaster ride of emotions over the years.This may seem difficult to do in this day and age where everything is being recorded, and the most thoughtful efforts get millions of views on social media, as well as an army of impressed viewers (who likely inadvertently become copycats whether they know it or not).

However, winning on your anniversary can be simple by walking the road less traveled: The road straight to the feels.

Complimenting Their Appearance

The target of your affection will likely be dressed to kill for your special time once they know when it will be. Their stunning appearance will put everyone around you to shame--even you. But if you want to win on your anniversary, compliments are a must. Make the most of how different your schnookums looks for the occasion and highlight how radiant they are as an accessory to you. that's right, if your mate looks good, don't hesitate to let them know just how much, especially when they stand at your side.

For additional points, guys can let their gals know how they look in their outfits compared to the models that wore them better. Pointing out how tight or how loose a dress looks on her can make the difference between a lackluster response and a spectacular one. Her eyes are guaranteed to ignite with passion. Ladies can let their gents know how particularly masculine and magnetic they look with their slumped shoulders and not-quite-fitting attire to put him in a mood.

Gift Exchange

Consumerist culture and your no doubt, untainted thought process will likely lead you to want to give a wonderful gift to your special "boo". To win in this category, keep it simple. There is nothing more iconic than the old standby: the heart-shaped box of chocolates. Of course, this gift is good for men and women alike. And when giving this gift, keep in mind that what counts is not content of the box, but the thought. Dealing with intangibles is risky however, which is why you give your love bunny the box. Just the box.

Your partner's mind will explode trying to figure out what the empty box of chocolates means. Being the winner that you want to be on your anniversary, you won't ruin the mystique. You'll let them ponder just what meaning it holds for the both of you and your relationship. And don't let that awkward smile fool you, they'll be thinking about this gift for years to come.

Sealing The Deal

By the end of the night, after all the bells and whistles, guys and gals alike will be looking for something extra special and intimate. You all know of what I speak. It's the reason most of you celebrate your anniversary: love and spreading it in the worst way is just so much more emphatic on this day. Why? Because you can't believe you made it to another year! To ensure that you come out on top, you'll have to be mysterious and exercise control while leading up to that desired point. You'll need to have your partner anticipating each moment until the very last while curbing your own excitement. As things escalate and you end up in that place you both want to be, your partner's excitement will peak. At the time, while they wait for you to seal the deal, you hit them with the winning move. Let them know you'll be right back, get your clothes on, and take a long walk.

This walk acts much like adding gasoline to a burning wood fire. The fire will burn hotter, consuming the wood all the faster. Similarly your sweetie pie will smolder as he/she waits for you to come back until the fire is all but spent. When you return to the ashes of that burning love, you'll know what true love looks like as your partner greets you with a brand new kind of passion born from your winning moves. Or they'll be asleep, unsurprised after years of marriage.

All About The Love

And there you have it, winning your anniversary in a nutshell. Of course there's far more you can do to make the day something great, but for those with no clue, let this article serve as a starting point.

If nothing else, you alone should dictate how to make your anniversary the special day it should be.