The Importance Of Relaxation

The Importance Of Relaxation

I don't know how to do it, either.
73

I am completely burnt out. I wish I would have learned this sooner. This semester has been the hardest one so far for me, and I just keep loading myself up with work that I'm not able to handle. I took on four jobs and seven classes and left no "me" time in my schedule. I've had a cold for the last three weeks that I'm not able to shake for the mere reason that... I don't know how to relax.

To begin my journey of relaxation, I did what any stressed out college student would do. I googled "how to relax" and found myself on YouTube listening to 3 hours of relaxation music while staring at my ceiling thinking about all of the things that I still have to do.

I suggest that you try this at home, but instead of thinking as much as I do, actually close your eyes and let the music consume you and take you to a state of peace. Let it knock you out, calm you down, and take you to a higher place.

Then after I got done listening to this, I realized that I was still stressed out and that nothing would ever work for me. So, I did some more Googling and came across this beautiful "Eucalyptus Spearmint body lotion."

You need this. You may think that you don't, but I'm telling you that you need to buy it. I was a non-believer in this aromatherapy business at one point, too, but there's something about the smell of nature that sends you to a happier place.

Then I went for a walk in the park. No, really. The internet told me that a great way to relax was to do all of the things that make me happy. I didn't know the answer to that question, so I turned to the happiest thing that I have in my life; my dog.

We can actually learn a lot from dogs. One of the main things is how to live your life carefree, happy, and forever young. Don't stress out about the toys you chew up, focus on the milkbones in the moment and always beg for table scraps because one of these days, you might get a special treat. I'm not sure if that's the best set of advice, but it all works for my pup, so I'm going to live by those rules, too.

When it comes down to it, I still don't know how to relax. Maybe I shouldn't take so much on. Maybe I should do these few things a little more often and the daily stress of life wouldn't seem so overwhelming. When people tell me to "give up one thing," I get offended. I thrive off of being busy. Business is happiness, but you can't be busy if you're burnt out.

Listen to the music.

Smell the mint.

Walk the dog.

Those are the best tips I have for you.