The Groom Of My Dreams

The Groom Of My Dreams

He is mine. Who is yours?

25
The Groom Of My Dreams
Friendship and Love

When I fell in love, I fell hard and I fell fast. He was perfect, He was accepting, He was gracious, and He was the love I'd never imagined. I capitalized all that like He is God or something.

Oh, wait. He is.

When I imagined love as a little girl, it was hugs and kisses. It was laughter all day long. It was watching T.V. in our pajamas all day long. When I imagined love as a little girl, it wasn't selfless love. It wasn't devoted prayer, sacrifice, and surrender.

When I imagined my groom, he was taller than me. He was so handsome. He was funny, smart, strong. He was protective of me. He encouraged me. When I imagined my groom, He wasn't a King. He wasn't all-knowing. He wasn't all-powerful. He wasn't my sole protector. He wasn't the source of my love. He wasn't the definition of love.

When I imagined my wedding, it was big. It was a lot of white and bright colors. It was surrounded by my whole family and all of my favorite people. It was beautiful. When I imagined my wedding, it wasn't down on my knees crying out to a Savior. It wasn't reaching a halting stop in my life in realization that I couldn't do life alone. It wasn't surrendering all of my life to my groom's will for me.

When I imagined what my groom would think of me, he thought I was beautiful. He thought I was kind of silly, but a lot of fun. He knew he could count on me. When I imagined what my groom would think of me, I wasn't His creation. I wasn't a filthy sinner, unworthy of anything good He had to offer. I didn't deserve everything He had to offer me.

When I imagined my earthly groom, a heavenly groom was not something that ever crossed my mind. I got lucky. I got a heavenly groom. I got a Savior. I got a heavenly Father. I got a Friend in Jesus.

Falling in love with Jesus Christ wasn't a one-sided thing. Jesus Christ fell in love with me. He saw my sin, He saw my unworthiness, but He saw that before I was even thought of. He knew what I was, what I had been, what I would become. He loved me just the same. He looked down on me and chose me. The day that I chose Him, I chose my dream groom.

When I fell in love, I surrendered my life to a King. A Father. A Savior. A Shepherd. A Friend. A God. The God. My God. Jesus Christ. The Messiah.

When I imagine my dream groom, he is so focused on the Lord that he only looks away from Him because he hears God say, "There she is."