To The Girl Who Lost Touch With Her Dreams

Dreaming goes beyond just the pillow.

41

Dear lost girl,

What happened to you? You used to be so hopeful, so full of life. Where have those days gone?

I remember watching you dance throughout your house, wishing that some miracle would come along and you would be cast as the leading lady in a Broadway show. I remember you not worrying about what people had to say about your many quirks and habits. What changed?

Is it because you were too scared? Did you just give up? Because that's not the young girl I remember.

Unfortunately, we all have limited days in this world, and they go by so quickly. That being said, make the most of your time. Don't give up on all of the things that once brought you so much joy; I can't watch that happen.

I know it may seem hard. Society has made you believe that your job is to make money, have a family, and live your life working at a job that leaves you nothing more than content. But this is not why you were put on this Earth. You were put on Earth to be original, to create things that will change the world for the better.

The work and passion you have for what you're doing is outstanding. I just don't understand why that same energy isn't focused on something different, something better. School is important, I know. You are only in college and you already understand the time and effort it takes to master your craft. But I'm here to tell you that your college career only lasts for a short while, and that part-time job is only a stepping-stone as to what you are going to face in the real world.

Those things are so trivial. It is easy to see that your dreams do not lay solely in your education; although I guess it is an important resource. Just think, though, if you put that energy into something that truly made you happy. You would create something so beautiful.

I am aware that dreams change over time; not many people grow up thinking that they will still become a fairy princess. But you can't tell me that at this moment, you have no dream.

My advice to you at this time would be this: Forget what society tells you. Actually, forget even what your family and friends tell you; they may know you well, but only you truly know what you desire in life. Surround yourself with people who will support your dreams and ambitions, but make sure they don't try and lead you down a different path. Find what makes you really happy, but make sure it is outside of school and work. Make sure that something is 100 percent true to who you wish to be.

Don't conform to what society is molding you to be. Take risks and embrace your individuality. If someone tells you, you're not going to make it, then work 10 times as hard and prove them wrong. It is not easy to have big dreams, but it is the biggest blessing. Life is too short to live for nothing. Take your passion for life and put it to good use. Not everyone is given the opportunity to live their dreams, so for those people, go out and make yours come true. I know you have the desire; you've had the ambition your whole life.

I believe in you. It's time to believe in yourself and reach for the stars.

Sweet dreams, Dreamer Girl.