The Fool On Capitol Hill
Politics

The Fool On Capitol Hill

'Making America Hate Again'

20
The Fool On Capitol Hill
Reasonstovotetrump.com

2016 has most certainly been a year that will be remembered for years to come. It seems our world has become similar to an episode of Family Guy, gorillas turned martyrs (dicks out for Harambe), Donald Trump getting insanely close to the Oval Office; and now clowns are allegedly infesting the streets.

When it came to the intelligence of former president George W. Bush most of America was quick to crack jokes, to a 'nuke-u-lar' degree. But now, The Donald's intelligence, or the lack thereof, is beyond making jokes about - what was once laughable and even benign has become something else entirely. It's not just his ineptitude that makes him noteworthy but also his uncanny obliviousness towards it all.

Given that Trump is now under direct scrutiny for the recently discovered recording of himself and Billy Bush, we must ask ourselves is this who we are to elect to represent us? Someone who not only sexually assaults women and "gets away with it" due to his celebrity status but who also brags about it? When it comes to morality one must often ask, well is it worse if the person committing the deed is aware or unaware of the gravity of what they are doing? Under these circumstances it is arguably much worse to know the weight of one's actions and still go through with doing it; not to mention boasting about it.

It's not just what was said in the recording that is irking so many Americans, it's also his response:

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course - not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

When confronting a child whose just been caught fighting on the playground, more often than not their response will be either "we were just messing around" or "well he or she started it!" When confronting a presidential nominee about sexual assault related "banter" apparently the response is more along the lines of "yeah we were just guys being guys, my opponent's husband has said far worse." While clowns are invading streets so too does it appear that clowns are invading the airwaves and presidential debates. While the Trump Campaign has managed to raise awareness in regards to 'the system being rigged' it has also ignited a flame kindled by bigotry and fear.