The 8 chip brands you should pick up and eat, right now.

The 8 Best Chip Brands That You Should Pick Up & Eat A Whole Bag Of

Betcha can't eat just fifty!

235

I love food. I think everyone does. I love food so much, I have a hard time deciding my favorite food.

However, if you put a gun to my head and asked me to name my favorite food, I would probably say chips.

Why chips, you may ask? First of all, they're delicious. Second of all, they come in so many different brands and flavors. Third of all, they are probably the food I eat the most. That last reason might not be a good thing, but that's okay.

Back to the brands. There are different types of chips, potato, tortilla, whatever Sun Chips are made of. And there are different brands, which have different qualities and flavors, although some overlap.

Here are the eight best chip brands. In my opinion.

1. Cape Cod Potato Chips

live.staticflickr.com

These remind me of my childhood. Whenever my family went to Cape Cod, we always got these chips. It was one of the few chips my mom actually bought for us because they were "healthier than other chips." Today, I still make a trip down to the market to pick up a large bag. Why? Because they're that good. You can actually see and taste the potatoes. And they have a lot of unique flavors that you wouldn't get anywhere else, while sticking to the classics.

Best Flavors: Plain, White Cheddar & Sour Cream, Spicy Sweet Jalapeño, Honey & Dijon Mustard.

2. Lays

upload.wikimedia.org

The classic. Lays has a ton of flavors, and they keep coming out with new ones every year. They even have branched out into Poppables, Kettle Cooked, and Baked. What I like about Lays is their willingness to take risks and try new things. They've come out with some great new flavors because of their creativity.

Best Flavors: Barbecue, Kettle Cooked Jalapeño, Dill Pickle, Beer Cheese, Kettle Cooked Mesquite Barbecue, Kettle Cooked Jalapeño & Cheese, Cheddar & Sour Cream, Sour Cream & Onion.

3. Pringles

upload.wikimedia.org

Another chip brand that reminds me of my childhood. Every birthday and Christmas for however many years, my grandparents would always send me a can of Pringles as one of my gifts. And I appreciated it, because I had a health nut pediatrician for a mother, and Pringles are awesome. Many have tried to replicate stackable chips, but they will never beat the OG. The one downside, it's impossible to get those last few chips out of the can.

Best Flavors: Cheddar, BBQ, Plain, Jalapeno, Ranch.

4. Doritos

upload.wikimedia.org

The first chip brand on this list that isn't a potato chip. But it's still amazing. Doritos pack a ton of flavor in their brightly colored bag and chips. They also pack the heat and spice.

Best Flavors: Nacho Cheese, Spicy Sweet Chili, Poppin' Jalapeño, Cool Ranch.

5. Sun Chips

live.staticflickr.com

Another chip brand that my mother actually kept in the house, because they were somewhat healthy. I'm not exactly sure what they are made of, but they are amazing. While they didn't have a ton of flavors, they have started to branch out, which I appreciate. And the bag used to be compostable, not sure if it still is though.

Best Flavors: Garden Salsa, French Onion, Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar.

6. Kettle Brand

live.staticflickr.com

One of the more underrated chip brands. Owned by Campbell's Soup Company, these chips have a great balance of potato and the assigned flavor. They also have some really cool flavors available. While they might not be easily identifiable, if you find them, pick them up. Particularly one of the flavors mentioned below.

Best Flavors: Hot Jalapeño, Backyard Barbecue, New York Cheddar, Spicy Queso, Buffalo Bleu.

7. Wise

farm8.staticflickr.com

This is an East Coast thing. And it reminds me of my maternal grandmother, who always keeps them in her house. Founded in Pennsylvania, this is another underrated flavor. They don't just do chips. They do popcorn and cheese puffs as well. If you find them at the store, pick them up, along with Kettle Brand. Here are the best flavors.

Best Flavors: Honey BBQ, Onion & Garlic, Sour Cream & Onion.

8. Utz

Similar to Wise, Utz has a lot of products besides chips. Also similar to Wise, as well as Kettle Brand, this is an underrated chip brand. The last similarities to Wise? My grandmother keeps it in her house, and this is an amazing chip brand. They have a lot of unique flavors, and are a solid chip all around.

Best Flavors: Honey Barbecue, Salt & Vinegar, Barbecue, Dill Pickle.