The Downfall Of Having A Big Heart

The Downfall Of Having A Big Heart

What will you do when the rest of the world could careless?

1926
The Downfall Of Having A Big Heart

You are the type of person who has a heart that is ten times bigger than anybody you know possess and you struggle to keep it from jumping out of your chest most days. The truth is that you are going to be misjudged ninety percent of time and to most people you may come off as crazy. We live in a world that people are so consumed with themselves and are broken by their past that they tend to close themselves off from the rest of the world. People may show a glimpse of caring for others', but their heart does not beat for people like those who have a big heart does. Reality is the amount of care that you have for everyone is going to be defined as "a little weird" and those around you are going to be overwhelmed by your caring so much. You will be pushed away because people just do not know how to handle it since they have been raised to be so closed off. People will also take advantage of this kindness and in return of knowing that you will never say no, they ask you to do everything for them. Honestly, you won't mind because you love serving people. Just be careful to not over do yourself through your servant's heart.

Having a big heart should come with an instruction manual because even after twenty years I still have no idea how to control it most days. You do need to be very careful about vocalizing every thought, your heart sends because I will admit it does come off as too much. Even if in your mind it is just you caring, but to everyone else it comes off as smothering. You need to be okay with people never loving you as much as you love them, it's a fact that this level of your heart is non existent in most people. Those closest to you are always going to disappoint you it's reality that the only person who can fill this void is the Lord. You will also need to be okay with the people you care most about wanting to love someone else more than you, you cannot expect people to constantly need the amount of love you are willing to give.

So with a big heart comes a lot of emptiness because you are constantly searching to pour into someone and people are not usually constantly needing that. It takes special people to be able to handle someone with such a heart and that is why a lot of friendships will grow apart because people struggle with understanding how your heart thrives on others' happiness. One of the biggest things you will struggle with having a big heart is putting everyone else's happiness above yours. The biggest lie you tell to others' is that as long as they are happy then you don't care, but secretly you are dying inside.

This massive organ does have layers and even though our heart causes us to be so open, only a select few really get to know the depths of it all. Usually people assume they know you so well when you are so open, but the thing is they have only touched the surface. Yet your openness is one of the biggest double edged knifes about all of this because you are so trusting of people. Even when they have done you wrong a million times your heart still manages to love them so much. People do not care as much as you do in most circumstances,so their heart does not fall apart like yours does when they break the friendship. Honestly this only makes you stronger, so take this loss to put a smile on your face and continue loving people through all their flaws.

The amount of love you have to offer could literally be turned into a three thousand page book. In general probably over a hundred people have a part of my heart because at some point in my life the Lord called me to love them. The burdens of people burden me, I will never understand why I won't be able to sleep on nights after someone poured their heart out to me or on a simpler note being concerned for that person sitting by themselves in the Student Union. Don't you worry your little heart because those who have a big heart worry enough for the whole county like we worry...worry... and worry a little more about everything because our heart has made these connections and dread the idea of anything to ever change.You care so much about people that most of the day you are spending over analyzing every interaction. You will never conform to what the world wants, but you will come close to trying to meet all the needs of everyone since not one heart can go untouched when you're around.

I wouldn't honestly change this gift for the world, I may try to pray away some days when it feels more like a burden than a blessing. Why would I ever want to wish away something the world is lacking so much of nowadays? This is a question I have to remember every time a friend leaves or a boy does not like me that there is one heavenly father who is so blessed for my heart. He hopes I never give up on it, so continue to be burdened for the world and love like nobody cares because someday you will be blessed with people who couldn't imagine their life without the amount of care you have to offer. Your heart is unlike any other, but be unique let your freak flag fly, cry for the lost, love like it's the last day, and care like you are saving a life. Your heart does make a difference even when you do not feel like it is.