The Difference Between What You Want And What You Deserve

The things you want in life may be the same things you deserve.

1866

About a year ago, I was in a serious relationship, and I thought was going to end in marriage. In the back of my mind, I always knew it wasn't going to work out. There was just something there that didn't feel right. I sent a text about what I wanted and what I thought I deserved out of a relationship. It was what I wanted out of my future husband and life.

I want someone that loves me and takes care of me. I want someone that knows what he wants out of life and is going to do every possible thing to make sure that happens. I want someone that is going to make plans with me and just come and pick me up and have dates already planned out for us. I want someone that that's going to care enough about me to understand the things I'm going through and understand that sometimes I feel like giving up because I will end at nothing to pour my entire self into someone else; because at the end of the day, their happiness means more to me than my own.

I want to make sure I have someone that tries to see my side of things and try to understand it before jumping to conclusions and ending our nights in an argument. Arguments are apart of any relationship, but that doesn't mean that we don't need to try to see each other's sides of things. Someone that takes my feelings into consideration before yelling at me because we don't agree on every detail of life and aspects of the relationship. If someone makes an effort or asked to call or text me, just to see how I'm doing, I don't want that. If someone truly cares, it should come natural to them. They should be able to just pick up the phone or drop by to check up on you to see how you are.

I want someone to be open and honest with me no matter how difficult it may be. I don't want to have to beg for answers out of someone. It should be easy to talk things out, instead of difficult. I want someone to talk about their feelings and make sure that I know how they feel and what they want out of the relationship and vice versa. Open communication is one of the most important aspects of the relationship because without it, you have nothing. Someone that's considerate of my feelings and of me in general. I want someone that's going to be respectful of my family and I. Be respectful of my thoughts and my wishes. Have an open heart and an open mind, to ensure they can give their all to me.

I want someone to be sweet and kind. Someone that will send me flowers on random occasions without notice, writes me little notes and letters about how much I mean to them and what they love about me. Someone that would stop at nothing to make sure that we're happy together and loves me for me, unconditionally. Someone that will never make me question my worth or if I am good enough or if they really care about me or not. I want someone that has pure intentions.

Most of all, I want someone that has a heart for The Lord and someone that wants a family to raise. Someone I can have kids with that they can look up to their parents to as role models. I want someone that I can love just as much as they love me. I want someone I can laugh with and just sit with them and never get bored. Someone I can have deep conversations with and know every thought they have, their wishes, hopes and dreams. Someone that's going to care for me and want me to be their wife and looks at me like they have never looked at someone before. Someone that wants me to me the mother of their children and knows I can be the best mom to them. Someone I can picture my future with and wants the same things as I do. Someone that's going to build me up instead of tearing me down. Someone to go through the ups and downs with me, but regardless will work through them without giving up on us no matter how difficult things may become.

I said I want before almost every statement, but the truth is, we all DESERVE these things. The things we want out of life may also be the same things we deserve. Once you find that special someone that actually means everything they say to you, I promise every tear, every heartbreak and everything you've gone through will be worth it. Remember that the tough times don't last and you will get through it. Don't give up on one another because true love conquers all.