The Death Of A Nation

The Death Of A Nation

This nation will slowly die if we stamp out the truth.

17
The Death Of A Nation
Is The Best We Can Come Up With. N.d. Web. 25 Oct. 2016.

The erosion of journalism in the United States is slowly leading us to our deathbed. I would not advise anyone to panic right away and scream doom to the world. However, we need to acknowledge that actual issues in society exist. Guess what? These issues have nothing to do with what Donald Trump tweeted. As we speak there are young children in Indiana that can barely remember what happened yesterday due to lead poisoning. Those same children had good grades and suddenly started lagging behind. Would you drink contaminated water? No, probably not. Check out TYTPolitics’ YouTube channel, and hear these people’s stories. We should talk about that instead of what Donald Trump did 11 years ago. I’m not marginalizing the assault victims of Trump or Bill Clinton. There are serious issues in the United States that the “media” will not talk about because they are not sexy stories.

I live in the state of West Virginia, and we have a job crisis. Not to mention constant flooding that is taking people from their home. It is an important issue that gets no play on mainstream media. We are a major source of coal which makes almost everything you enjoy run. Coal and nuclear power are dirty words, but half of the things you have running in your home probably rely on them in some way. Those people providing us with these resources are losing jobs. Even worse, big money made from mining coal is going over to richer states like Pennsylvania and Ohio. The money from our strongest industry ends up in the hands of people from states that are better off. The state of Kentucky can attest to this feeling. West Virginia is taken advantage of by these bigger states. I have met people that lost their life for coal money, and some of that money is going elsewhere. Hillary Clinton straight up said she would take away their jobs without offering a replacement of equal value. That is a real problem that needs to be reported.

We see all this hoopla about Black Lives Matter, yet no one has reported the actual problem. I see police blamed but never the people that control the system that allows institutional racism in the first place. When people want change they go to the top. The police did not start the war on drugs. Politicians did, both liberal and conservative. The mass media tells you what happened. A real journalist would find out why and how it happens. All we get is what happened. That’s a half-truth at best. I got an analogy to describe this situation according to mass media. I go to Wal-Mart, and various cashiers keep messing up my order. They would want me to yell at the cashier until it changes. Nothing would ever change because the cashier is powerless. I’m not going blame the cashiers. If I yell at the cashiers, nothing will ever change. I’m going have a talk with the manager, so it changes. If he refuses, I go over his head and find the district manager.

The mass media has people naively believing that yelling at police is going change things. CNN is not going tell you that Obama, Trump, or Clinton have actual power to stop the senseless killing of black men. MSNBC will not tell you to yell at your Congressman or Congresswoman for change because that would create real change. These are not journalists on TV because they do not report the whole story. They are not even bloggers. They are an insult to bloggers. They are actors playing dress up.

The people allowing institutional racism and ensuring that one in every three black children grow up fatherless are sipping martinis on the beach. The real culprits are sitting in their million dollar homes without fear of repercussion. They are probably laughing at the movement that is attacking police, because they know no change is created that way. Why is it that a woman can call the police free of charge when her son does not stop playing video games? Why is it that a well-off person can call the police because a black man is wearing a hoodie outside and happens to be black? The real crime is that people can take advantage of the system leading to incarcerations based on weed. I abhor pot and refuse to do it, but I do not want people to get shot because it is illegal. I do not want people fatherless because it is illegal. Honestly, these police officers are taking all the heat for the war on drugs. The president and Congress lead the country and make decisions. As Ricky from Trailer Park Boys would say it is not rocket appliances. If we have a system problem, we should go after the system not the workers within the system. We got TV personalities that care more about manufacturing riots and ratings.

If you want to learn a little about the problems within our banks...listen to the Jason Stapleton Program. I say that because people need to realize it impacts all of us. The death of journalism is not just a liberal or conservative thing. This impacts both sides of the spectrum. We get a bunch of puff piece editorials on why you must prevent a Trump presidency at all costs. These media outlets do not hold Hillary Clinton or Bill Clinton to the same standard as Trump. We have a corrupt system that no longer lives in freedom of the press. The reason for that is simple; we are letting real journalism die. We’re taking what the mainstream media spoon feeds us and accepting it.

Down in Indiana, President Obama is kissing babies and hugging children, but nothing changes. He does the same thing in Chicago or Baltimore, and nothing really changes. In West Virginia, Obama probably does not show up to help with the job crisis or coal mines. We have two horned devils standing at a podium. Half of them are too busy with their witch hunt on Donald Trump. The other half is desperately trying to hide Clinton’s horns. CNN, MSNBC, and FoxNews are in direct competition with ESPN and TMZ. Tabloid gossip is used to distract us from actual issues. The kind of issues that should resonate with us get no play. If you live in Michigan, you may want to know...what is going to happen with the automobile industry? MSNBC will not tell you what is going to happen.

Edward Snowden is threatened with death and imprisonment for speaking the truth. The government is tracking every purchase you make, and Google is giving your information to businesses so they can take your money. The Democrats are falsely accusing Russia of hacking and starting a cold war all in the name of winning an election. If a few of our soldiers die because of this manufactured cold war...eh, who cares. The DNC and media look at that way. Nevermind, the dangers of getting into a cold war with Russia over something that has cannot be proven(we would have better luck finding Bigfoot or The Mothman).

They continue to manipulate people into thinking the countless wars we have gotten into have succeeded. As we speak, we are nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt due to these wars. Oh, also we gave guns to the terrorists that are connected with a man that shot up 50 people in a nightclub. Terrorist groups got strengthened by our meddling and we supplied them. What a success story. Again, this is on Republicans and Democrats.

This nation was built on the truth. We need to take back the truth and get rid of these hacks posing as journalists. Real journalists are getting locked up as we speak for reporting anything truthful that harms our government’s image. A real journalist gets locked up for recording a crime, but the person doing the crimes get away. None of us should stand for this. George Washington warned us that political parties and restricted speech would be the death of our nation. The founding fathers wanted Congress to be in a constant deadlock, so laws would rarely change. We went from a nation of hundreds of laws to billions. Look where it has taken us. The constitution instituted freedom of speech for a reason. I dislike hateful speech, and I rarely use vulgarity, but if we want to be free, we have to allow it. That means freedom of the press. That means real journalists talking about real issues without fear of repercussions. If CNN wants to be TMZ fine, but take the word news out of your name. Be honest with the American public. FoxNews, “fair and balanced,” what a load of crap. When does that channel ever talk about real news?

Real journalism is not dead. The Tom Woods Show, TYTPolitics(not TYT’s main channel), The Jason Stapleton Program, and The Humanist Report to name a few talk about actual issues. John Stossel, Ron Paul, and the RealNewsNetwork talk about real issues. Journalism is the truth even if it hurts. This nation will slowly die if we stamp out the truth. If we keep following these TV personalities posing as journalists, we will become a Communist or Fascist nation. We used to be the greatest nation in the world. Europeans are laughing at our stupidity. If we continue down this path we will not only lose journalism, but the truth. That is a scary thought, and it could happen.