5 Reasons You NEED To Start 'The Bold Type' On Hulu If You Haven't Watched It Yet

Honestly, there are so many reasons why this show is must watch but here are my top five.

191
FreeForm

I'll admit it took me a minute to watch "The Bold Type" once the first season came out, but once I did I fell in love with it after just a couple of episodes.

It is an amazing female-led series that follows three best friends, Kat, Sutton, and Jane who live in NYC and work for "Scarlet Magazine." Honestly, there are so many reasons why this show is a must-watch but here are my top five.

1. It deals with pressing issues in today's society.

Whether it be by the characters speaking out against sexual assault, racism, and sexism or actively trying to make changes in the community, the show deals with several issues present in today's society.

However, it doesn't stop there. The characters also learn more about issues, recognize their possible privilege, and when needed, make amends.

2. It has an amazing fashion closet.

Jane, Kat, and Sutton have their own secret meetup space in "Scarlet Magazine's" fashion closet where they go when they need to talk and get a break from work.

Though this may seem like a small reason to watch the show, several scenes are actually shot here, and trust me the fashion closet looks absolutely stunning. It is a huge, colorful, and home to several designer clothes, shoes, and accessories.

3. It showcases a beautiful friendship.

Another thing I really like about this show is the beautiful friendship Jane, Kat, and Sutton have. No matter what problem life throws at them they get through it together and always have each other to lean on.

Whether it be a work issue, family drama, or health problem I love how they always have each others back.

4. It offers perspective on what it is like to work at a magazine.

Since "Scarlet Magazine" is based on "Cosmopolitan" magazine and the show is inspired by the life and career of former Editor-in-Chief of Joanna Coles, the show offers great insight into what it might look like to work for a magazine.

From pitching articles to publishing them and from advertising board meetings to fashion board meetings you see the entire process of writing an article and how all the departments of the magazine operate.

5. It inspires and motivates you to pursue your dreams.

As you see Kat, Sutton, and Jane face their various problems, work hard, and come out victorious, you begin to see you can do just the same.

I have been watching this show for quite a while now and every time I finish an episode I feel inspired to go after what I want. The show just makes you feel brave, powerful, and ready to conquer the world!