16 "Bold Type" Quotes For The Girl Who Doesn't Feel Bold

These ladies are bold because they stand up for what they believe in, especially when what they believe in is themselves—which is something we could all try a little more often.
3734

Yes, The Bold Type is the show with the three girls screaming in a subway station; and, yes, it is exactly the show we need.

The world of The Bold Type is populated by fashion, city lights, and effervescent dialogue. But amidst all of the chaos lies the heart of the show: three best friends, all in their mid-twenties, all working through their own struggles. Though the very pink advertisements and Sex and the City comparisons give off the impression that The Bold Type is just 40 minutes of escapism in which women talk about shoes and relationships, it is so much bigger than that.

The Bold Type has tackled topics such as immigration, sexuality, women in politics, the BRCA gene test, and sexual assault with grace and integrity; and in doing so, it has shown us three women who are powerful and unapologetic.

These ladies are bold, but not in their readiness to scream in a subway station without regard to who’s watching.

They’re bold in their vulnerability and willingness to admit they want love.

They’re bold in their ability to acknowledge when they’re wrong and apologize.

They’re bold in their quickness to stand up for one another.

They’re bold in their awareness of what they deserve.

So, in the spirit of this sparkling, relatable, and socially relevant show getting renewed for two more seasons, here are some of the most iconic quotes from season one that is guaranteed to empower you to live your boldest life.

1. When you need to put yourself out there more.

2. When you're feeling stuck....

3. ...But you're caught between doing what's safe and doing what you love.

4. When you're not the best at what you do, but, my god, do you love it.

5. When you have to fake it till you make it.

6. When you realize your worth and hope he does, too.

7. When you don't give yourself enough credit

8. And when you're terrified of letting people down.

9. When you finally hit your breaking point.

10. When you need to realize that life is tough but you are so much tougher.

11. When the guy you thought was attractive turns out to be the actual WORST.

12. And he underestimates you.

13. When there's something you've secretly always wanted to do but never had the guts to try.

14. When you decide to go for the thing that scares you most...

15. ...And it all works out.

16. When the world has absolutely no idea what it's up against.

Here's to living boldly.