The Best Drinking Game To Play This Thanksgiving!

Ever need something to distract you from the annoyance of Thanksgiving? Here's a game to do just that!

48
Time

It is finally November which means Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Visiting family members and sitting through countless dinners can either be interesting, annoying, or even boring. So I decided to make up a drinking game to get you through the holidays!

The rules of this game are very simple. Every time someone in your family does one of the things listed below, take a drink. The object to this game is to make it through the holiday season without losing your mind!

1. Take a drink every time someone asks you how work is going.

Isn't it obvious that while I’m trying to eat and relax, the first thing I want to think about is work and the annoying people I have to work with every day of the week?

2. Take a drink every time someone asks you if you’re seeing anyone.

Why does the fact that you’re dating someone even matter? Why can’t we just be independent and happy? It is okay. Alcohol won’t judge!

3. Take a drink every time someone asks when you plan to have kids.

We’re finally old enough to drink and our family wants us to ruin it by having kids? I’ll drink to that!

4. Take a drink every time someone mentions Black Friday.

The first worst time of year is already taken by Thanksgiving, but Black Friday has to be the second. People fighting over deals and getting trampled at odd hours in the morning? Not my cup of gin!

5. Take a drink every time someone mentions Christmas.

This is the worst time of year. Before you can even celebrate Thanksgiving, people are already trying to rush another holiday right after. Makes my head spin just thinking about it.

6. Take a drink every time someone comments on the food.

Yes, Carol, the turkey is cooked enough. No, the macaroni and cheese isn’t too dry.

7. Take a drink every time someone mentions the new president or any of the political debates.

Can we just forget about the madness of this country for one day? That would be lovely!

8. Take a drink every time someone gets into an argument.

What’s Thanksgiving without a few scuffles? Speaking of drama…

9. Take a drink every time someone mentions juicy gossip.

Of course we want to hear about Uncle Joe’s terrible divorce. Tell us more! Not!

10. Take a drink every time a Christmas song plays on the radio.

Seriously?! Can’t we just enjoy this one holiday before thinking about another! I think we all get sick of Christmas songs by the time Christmas actually rolls around!

11. Take a drink every time a family member leaves without helping to clean up the mess they just made.

The best thing about Thanksgiving is the cleanup you fight all by yourself when everyone decides to leave early. You’d think if they came to your house they would at least help clean up! I’m talking about you, Grandma Rose!

So now that you’re good and drunk, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving and Christmas season. Always drink responsibly! Cheers!