The Age of Relativism

The Age of Relativism

Life is full of choices

69
The Age of Relativism

So many times in life, all we want is fulfillment, satisfaction, and to be loved. We care so much about what others think about us that we forget at times what truly matters.

In times of wanting acceptance, we many times are willing to compromise our values and beliefs to gain the approval of others, but also lose the appraisal of another. When we reach the point of putting our morality into question, it is then that we also question the meaning our lives. What is the point of living if it is just to simply maintain morality and then die with nothing left to prove of it?

This issue raised is not a question that many people know the answer to. It is not a question that many people enjoy talking about because it lends itself to the conversation of placing our value into things that provide only emptiness and deceit.

Morality is not a bad thing. In fact, it is a good thing that we can be obedient. The purpose of it though is not merely to have a rule book to follow, but it is to be obedient to the One who created us and loves us. God gave us rules so that we may see sin for what it is: disobedience from God, and so that we have guidance in how to live more like Christ.

Christianity is not simply a religion to try and align with the rules. No, but it is a lifestyle of following Christ that overflows with wanting to be like the Son of God, Jesus, and act like Him.

Because we are sinners, we cannot be perfect like Jesus is, but through Himself; He took our sins upon His shoulders so that way we can live freely and walk in His ways.

These ways seem controversial to the world's standards of what is pleasurable, but in knowing Jesus, there is pleasure in pursuing the goodness He has created for us.

His goodness does not come from things that are fleeting, temporary, and full of emptiness, but they are full of joy, peace, love and fulfillment, because His goodness is found in Himself.

Jesus is more than enough for us. He is the author and creator of all eternity, and He loved us enough to humble Himself to come to Earth, live a perfect life, and then die on a cross for our sins that we have committed. The Savior of the world died a death meant for criminals when He was innocent, and we are the guilty ones.

On Earth, we are freely given the grace of God, and by His mercy, even those who do not accept Him are loved and blessed.

This Earth will fade, though, and only Christ will remain as our hope if we put our trust in Him.

The thought of death seems to make people shatter in fear or anxiety, and it should make us think, but it can either lead us to eternity in the perfection of God's glory or the destruction of ourselves in a place that is far distant from The Lord.

God was merciful enough to give us a choice between life in Him or death by never knowing what true freedom feels like.

It's a choice. One is joyous and one is empty.