The ABCs Of Life

The ABCs Of Life

Life's what we make of it.

30
The ABCs Of Life
Grammar.com

Adventure

Life’s about adventure. There are so many places to see, things to do, and people to meet, we have to take advantage. Life is about the stories we can tell, the memories we have and the time shared with each other creating them. Take an adventure the next time you have a free moment to spare.

Beauty

It’s all around us! Whether it’s the outward beauty of a sunset at your favorite spot, or the inner beauty of your best friend. Beauty is every where and we need to open our eyes to see it and to experience it. It’s available for everybody

Confidence

Confidence is one of the best qualities to have, and to work towards. You can do so much in life if you carry a confident attitude. Confidence can achieve anything, but not cockiness. That’s just annoying.

Dedication

Strive to do your best you possibly can. Finish what you started, work hard and live your dreams. Being dedicated to something and accomplishing it is one of the best feelings in the world.

Enthusiasm

Sometimes we have to do things we don’t necessarily want to do. They way we feel about something is mostly dependent on our attitude. If we have a positive mindset and show enthusiasm, things that we don't really want to do will become easier, and definitely more pleasant.

Family and Friends

Think of the first person you run to to tell that you got the job. Or when you have a funny story. Or when something made your day. Odds are, this person is a family member of a close friend. These people are the most important. Life wasn't meant to be lived on our own; the relationships we have with others are what we have to be happiest about. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good, and who you can be yourself around.

Gratefulness

There are times when we feel that nothing is going our way, even in the smallest of problems. Sometimes we fail to realize that there are so many bigger problems in the world. We get so caught up in these minor worries, that it takes away from looking around and realizing how much we have to be grateful for.

Happiness

One of the most important things to me. If you don’t live life happy, then what is it for? Strive to be your happiest. As Bob Marley once said, “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”

Inspiration

Everyone has something they are inspired by. A role model, an inspiring story, something they simply witnessed, and something that motivates them. Anything that inspires you, let it guide you, and perhaps even inspire someone yourself.

Jealousy

We all have it at one time or another. The thing is, we shouldn’t. There’s no reason to compare ourselves to anybody else. We’re all different for a reason, and we should embrace it and be thankful. As J. Cole once brilliantly said, “no such thing as a life that’s better than yours.” And he couldn't be any truer.

Kindness

Being kind to others is something that just makes so much sense. It makes you happier, and others happier. A chain reaction of kindness can go a long way.

Love

Something that everybody deserves to have. The beauty of love is that it bonds us together. The shared love of the same song, the same food, the same team; it helps us to put aside our differences, and to share our commonalities with those around us. It can also even use our differences to show others what we love. The love for your family, a friend, your dog, your soulmate, your favorite tee shirt, your favorite ice cream flavor, the smell of your laundry detergent, the way the sun hits your face driving around town. SO many things in this life to love, so many people, and with so much reason. Today, eat something you love, and don’t count the calories. Tell someone you love them, and don’t regret it. Do something you love, and never stop doing it.

Mindfulness

Be conscious and aware of the things and people around you. It is so essential to be mindful of the thoughts, feelings, ideas and things happening around us. These things are meant to be shared with others.

No judgement

Everyone was made to be different. People usually judge others by comparing. Comparing themselves to others, or comparing others to others; neither should get in the way. Living without judgement can be a great way to live.

Optimism

Optimists can conquer all. Walking into any situation with an optimistic mindset and a positive attitude is the best way. So much can be achieved if you think positive, and so much happiness can come from optimism.

Passion

Everyone has dreams. Everyone has something to look forward to, and to strive for. When you are passionate about something, give it your all and don’t let anybody bring you down. Your passions are unique to you, and are what make us glad. Fill your lifestyle with all of your passions. As Bob Marley once said, “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”

Quality

The quality of our lives, of a moment, or of an experience are all what we make of it. It's up to us to determine the quality of our lives.

Regrets

Don’t have any. You can’t live your life with regrets, because you’ll only realize that you can’t change the past. You only have the power to change the future. So learn from your mistakes, focus on the ‘now’ and … You can’t cry over spilt milk, just clean it up and pour a new glass!

Smile

A smile is worth a thousand words. There are so many reasons behind it! The people, the things, the places, the stories, the memories, the jokes and the simple things that make us smile are what this life is all about. Spread smiles for a happier world :)

Trust

Have faith in others, trust them, and don’t be afraid to let people in. There are times when it’s important to be independent, and to not rely on others all the time, but there’s nothing wrong with relying on someone for their trust.

Understanding

Listen to those around you. Be tolerant of the feelings of others, and learn to accept apologies. Life should not be spent holding grudges against anybody. Understand why someone feels they way they do, understand what they are trying to tell you, and understand that it’s ok to disagree, but important to listen.

Value

You control your values. What means the most, and who means the most. The importance and the worth of these things are decided by you. Sometimes we prioritize things/ people over others that deserve more value than they have. Think about your most valuable aspects of your life, and treasure them.

Wonder

Ever wonder why something is the way it is? How something was made? Why someone has that certain tattoo? Where the best place to travel to is? Ask! Ask and learn; life’s about discovery.

Xenodochial

X being a difficult letter to find adjectives for, I came across this word and thought that it truly fit. Xenodochial simply means friendly to strangers. This is something so important. Nobody in this world enjoys rude people, I know I certainly do not. Smile at a stranger, ask the grocery clerk how there day is going, tell your waiter to have a great night and truly mean in! Friendly people are so much happier.

Youthful

You only live once. Don’t take it so seriously, live a little! Every day is a new day and no matter how old you get, live the day to the fullest. Who says you're too old to do something? Do it anyway

Zeal

Great energy or enthusiasm. Apply this to your life daily, and you can achieve more.