The 5 Types of People You Meet in Class

The 5 Types of People You Meet in Class

There's a type for everyone.

91
The 5 Types of People You Meet in Class
Mari Helin-Tuominen

In college, you meet a lot of people, but year after year, you see similar themes. This is especially true in classes. You have the people who are a little too excited to be there, the ones who just get it done, the people who are secretly smart and the ones who just sleep through class (or don't even bother to show up). People are responsible for their own actions. This means if you don't show up, no one is calling your parents to ask where you are. It just means you are marked absent and don't know what's going on. Nine times out of ten, you probably fit into one of these five categories and know people who fit into the other ones. Here's to staying awake in class, unlike your pal in the back of the room who can sleep everywhere.

1. The Overeager Student in the Front

This is your stereotypical class pet, the person who sits in the middle of the front row, in clear shot of your professor. He or she has casual conversations with your professor before class starts and likely knows more about your professor than he or she should. This is your classic overachiever. Wondering who goes to office hours every week? Probably this kid. He or she knows how to get what they want and will be very successful in life.

2. The Sleeping Kid in the Back

You don't even know why this kid shows up. It doesn't matter what time it is, you can count on this person always sleeping. You would think that they'd be self conscious for falling asleep, but at this point they don't even care. It's all about attendance in this person's mind.

3. The Silent Powerhouse

This is the person you didn't even know was smart but has an incredibly high IQ and aces every single test. They don't speak out in class, but the wheels are turning in this person's head. This is who you want to study with. They know their stuff and aren't obnoxious.

4. The Attentive Middler Row-er

This is that person who knows exactly what they're doing. They answer questions from time to time, but nowhere near as much as the people who sit in the front. This person is always focused and has the best notes.

5. The Person Who Doesn't Even Show Up

This is the person you didn't even know was in your class, until the day of the exam. Wondering what they do when they're supposed to be in class? No one knows, but there is a good chance they're sleeping and not studying what's being covered in class. Who knows how this person even knows when the tests are?

College is hard, and people get by in different ways. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but what works for some people doesn't work for others.