The 37 Commandments Of Girl Code

The 37 Commandments Of Girl Code

A guide to being the best girl you can be.
21

Girl code--it's a secret honor code system that bonds all females. The code is unwritten, unspoken, and unbreakable. Here are 37 of the most sacred Commandments of the code to live by.

1. Thou shall not date a friend's ex.

2. Thou shall not let a friend go to the bathroom alone.

3. Thou shall not ditch a friend when going out together--especially if it's just the two of you.

4. Thou shall not ditch a drunk friend, regardless of how annoying they are.

5. Thou shall give a tampon to any girl in need.

6. Thou shall be honest when a friend asks "how's my outfit?"

7. But be nice if it doesn't flatter her, and then help her pick another one.

8. Thou shall be nice to your friend's boyfriend, even if you don't like him.

9. Unless he is disrespectful and abusive towards her, you will not interfere with their relationship.

10. That means no bad-mouthing or secretly scheming to break them up.

11. That being said, if they do break up, thou shall promptly arrive at her door with a tub of ice cream, sad movies, and tissues and cancel all your other plans for that week.

12. Thou shall always provide a shoulder to cry on.

13. Thou shall remain loyal to the phrase "Sisters before Misters."

14. Thou shall share food, not boys.

15. Even if the boy is the one making the food.

16. If you and your friend both like the same guy, neither of you will pursue him.

17. Even if he's really cute and asks you out.

18. Thou shall provide a sympathetic listening ear when your friend complains about her boy drama.

19. And forget about it and not get mad when she forgives him the next day.

20. Thou shall give dirty looks to your friends ex.

21. And dislike everyone she hates.

22. Thou shall not date or hook up with your friend's best guy friend.

23. Unless you ask her first and she gives you her blessing.

24. Thou shall call your friend faking an emergency if she needs to escape a bad date.

25. Thou shall take your friends secrets to the grave.

26. Thou shall never tell your friend to "chill out," "calm down," or "relaaaaaaax" when she is pissed off.

27. Even if she's being dramatic, let her vent it out.

28. Thou shall stand up for your friend both in front of her and behind her back.

29. Thou shall tell your friend when she has food in her teeth.

30. Thou shall be honest with your friend and talk out your issues when you fight, rather than being passive-aggressive towards them.

31. Thou shall tap your friend out when she drinks a little too much.

32. Thou shall save your friend when she is being hit on by creeps.

33. Thou shall not let your friend send that 2 a.m. drunk text.

34. Thou shall always help boost your friend's confidence.

35. Thou shall respect and learn from other women's successes, rather than belittle them or tear them down.

36. Thou shall like all your friend's posts, pictures, and most importantly, selfies.

37. Thou shall adhere to the girl code religiously and be the best BFF possible.