The 10 Things I Want To Do Before I Go Away To College

College move in keeps on coming closer and closer. This is the list of everything I need to do within the next two weeks before moving away from home.

7

I have lived in South Florida my entire life. In two weeks I will be leaving home and everything that I know to move to Tallahassee and start school and the next chapter of my life. I've realized that there are many things I need to do before making this move, and I have to start now.

1- Clean Out My Room

In packing for school I have realized how much stuff I have that I truly do not need. So as I continue to choose what my necessities are, I know I want to get rid of what I no longer need.

2- Go To A Drive In Movie

Going to the drive in is such a key summer experience that it makes sense to go before starting school.

3- Watch Movies With My Mom

My mom and I have a long list of movies that we say we'll watch, but we've never gotten around to it. I want to start on that list and appreciate this time with her.

4- Watch The Sunrise At The Beach

This is another summer activity that I still haven't gotten around to this year.

5- Spend Time With My Best Friends

None of my closest friends are going to the same school as me. With this time remaining I really want to appreciate our time together since we may not see each other for a few months.

6- Write A Letter To My Future Self

This is a period of time that involves a lot of self reflection for myself. In four or five years, I'll be able to appreciate looking back on this time in my life.v

7- Finish Packing

Although it isn't very fun, packing is a very key step in the whole moving process.

8- Play Cards With My Dad

My dad and I have had a running game of cards since I was in middle school. We never go very long without a game so we have to cram in some extras while we have time.

9- Spend Time To Myself

I'm about to share a room with someone else for the first time in my life. Even with setting boundaries, I won't have the opportunities for alone time like I have right now.

10- Try To Appreciate South Florida

Growing up in South Florida I have never been able to truly appreciate it. Now as I am leaving though, I am doing my best to acknowledge all that my home has to offer and how much I'll miss it.