My Answer To The Timeless Question 'What Are You Thankful For?'
Self Love

To say it out loud isn't the easiest.

1967
Amanda Montini

This past weekend, I took a trip down to Tucson. If you know anything about me, I usually go pretty often.

As per usual, I was lying across Kyle's bed while he was doing his homework. Normally I'll either listen to music or watch Netflix while he's busy. I'll doze off and mind my own business until he's finished. Simple as that.

But instead of doing my usual thing, I opened my laptop and decided to write another article.

Now, here we are.

I've been thinking a lot recently about what I'm thankful for this year. I find that one of the hardest parts of Thanksgiving is putting into words what you're truly thankful for.

So, I'm going to try my best to write it out for you. Bear with me.

So many new people have entered into my life within these past few months. So many people have stuck with me for years on end. Not only am I so beyond thankful for them, but I'm also grateful.

I'm grateful for my parents who have been there through the good and the ugly. They helped to shape me into the independent woman I am today. They taught me how to take responsibility for things and have always been there for me to fall back on.

I'm grateful for my sister who will always be my lifelong best friend. She's always been one of my best supporters and has helped me to learn how to set a good example.

I'm grateful for my family. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They've always cheered me along during every phase of life. They constantly make sure that I feel extra loved.

I'm grateful for my best friends, Rachel and Zach, who have always been there when I need a shoulder to cry on. I can always count on them to listen to my rants, keep my secrets, and support me in every way possible when a huge opportunity comes along.

I'm grateful for my boyfriend. He's showed me love like no one else ever has. He's been the best person to talk to after a long day, the perfect cuddle buddy, and the sweetest gentleman. We've gone on adventure after adventure. At the end of the day, I wouldn't wanna do it all with anyone else.

I'm grateful for my roommate. The transition to college life has been anything but easy for me. She's been the one person I can truly confide to when I'm feeling down or even when I need a laugh. I really don't think I could have made it this far without her.

I'm grateful for my newly found sisters in ADPI. The connections I've made with each one of my sisters will last a lifetime.

I'm grateful for a group of five girls that have become some of my closest friends at ASU. We've had plenty of adventures that we can talk about for years to come.

I'm grateful for all the love that constantly surrounds me each and every single day.

Not everyone has it as well off as I do and sometimes I forget that. I think everyone does.

So, what I am thankful for?

All of it. I'm just thankful for my life and I promise from here on out to never take it for granted.