9 Thanksgiving Episodes of Your Favorite Shows for This November

Why sit together at the table if you can sit together in front of the television?

18

Every family celebrates Thanksgiving differently. For some, it's a huge celebration that includes gifts and multiple days of cooking. For others, it involves searching for the nearest restaurant that is open during the day and willing to deliver.

Personally, Thanksgiving for my family is always about finding the perfect movie or television show to watch together while stuffing our faces with potatoes. It's difficult to find something that everyone will enjoy, especially since I have some picky siblings who don't necessarily have the same taste in cinema as I do.

Through years of trial and error, I have compiled a cohesive list of television shows with Thanksgiving-themed episodes that are sure to satisfy every family member, from your conservative uncle to your picky sister.

1. Friends: Season 1, Episode 9

media.giphy.com

This episode proves that Thanksgiving doesn't have to be about an huge, expensive meal. All that matters is the company, even if you end up just eating cheese sandwiches.

2. Bob's Burgers: Season 3, Episode 5

media0.giphy.com

Although this one may not be entirely appropriate for all ages, it does feature an upbeat song by the famous Linda Belcher.

3. The Simpsons: Season 2, Episode 7

thumbs.gfycat.com

If you are spending Thanksgiving with a sibling that always gets on your nerves, this will be almost too relatable for you. When a big meal cannot reconcile your relationship with your bratty brother, bonding through a ridiculous episode of television might do the trick.

4. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 1, Episode 10

media1.giphy.com

For those of you who won't be spending Thanksgiving with your biological family, this episode can remind you that your friends can be just as (or even more) supportive and fun.

5. How I Met Your Mother: Season 3, Episode 9

media.giphy.com

Who can forget the iconic holiday that is Slapsgiving?

6. Friends: Season 3, Episode 9

data.whicdn.com

Yes, another Friends episode made it on the list because it's simply too good to miss. Even if you and your siblings bicker a lot, at least you're not fighting over a wooden troll.

7. That '70s Show: Season 1, Episode 9

66.media.tumblr.com

Even though the entire episode is entertaining, the best part is the iconic outfits of the cast.

8. Seinfeld: Season 6, Episode 8

media0.giphy.com

Although this lacks the traditional Thanksgiving setting, this is the perfect episode to jump into even if you have no background knowledge on the show.

9. New Girl: Season 1, Episode 9

media1.tenor.com

For those of you who have experienced a dinner disaster on Thanksgiving, this episode might make you feel a little better about your inability to cook a turkey.

I don't know about you, but this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Netflix.