9 "Friends" Thanksgiving Episodes, Ranked

I'm thankful for every Thanksgiving "Friends" episode!

174
Instagram

Everyone loves the TV show "Friends" and everyone loves Thanksgiving. Here are the 10 "Friends" Thanksgiving episodes ranked in order! This is all my opinion, feel free to let me know your favorites!

1. The One Where Ross Got High

Monica and Ross' parents are joining their kids for Thanksgiving and right before they arrive Monica admits to Chandler that they never really liked him. Ross later realizes that the reason his parents don't like Chandler is that they think he's a pothead, thanks to one time while Ross was home from college when he got high in his room and blamed it on Chandler. Monica ends up revealing the truth about who got high which results in the siblings revealing every secret they’ve ever had to their parents, where all the friends join in admitting various indiscretions.

2. The One With The Rumor

Also known as the one with Brad Pitt who plays Will Colbert, a formerly obese classmate of Ross, Monica, and Rachel's who's now skinny and HOT! And later, it comes out that he and Ross had an "I Hate Rachel Green" club and they started a rumor that Rachel was born a hermaphrodite and still has "a hint of a penis”. Rachel is furious. Joey also succeeds in eating an entire turkey by himself to add to the fun.

3. The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs

Phoebe is watching a friend's dog for Thanksgiving, but Chandler claims he's extremely allergic. In reality, he just hates dogs which none of the friends can believe. Along with Rachel getting love advice from Joey about her newly single, very attractive assistant.

4. The One When They're All Late To Thanksgiving

Monica doesn't want to host Thanksgiving, but Phoebe convinces her. Phoebe also convinces Rachel to enroll Emma in a baby beauty pageant, where they win the $1,000 grand prize. Ross and Joey get tickets to the Rangers game and they arrive 45 minutes late for Thanksgiving dinner. When they run into Phoebe and Rachel in the hallway, Monica overhears them discussing their excuses and she and Chandler refuse to let them in. This one is so high on the list for the rock, paper, scissors scene alone!

5. The One With Chandler In A Box

Joey is ignoring Chandler after he kissed his girlfriend. Joey eventually comes up with a way for him to make amends: lock himself in a box for hours. Meanwhile, Monica is preparing Thanksgiving dinner and gets some ice in her eye, and must go to the eye doctor, who turns out to be her ex-boyfriend’s son, who is also very cute! They share a kiss later on which results in the end of their flirtation as both are reminded of his father!

6. The One With All the Thanksgivings

As they sit in Monica's living room in food comas, the sixsome reminisces about bad Thanksgivings. This is a flashback episode that shows Monica's worst (or second worst) Thanksgiving when she first met Chandler as an overweight high-schooler. In the flashback, Monica overhears him say, "I just don't want to be stuck here all night with your fat sister."

The following year, Monica, newly skinny, in an effort to seduce Chandler so she can embarrass him, accidentally drops the knife on Chandler's wicker shoe, and he, in turn, loses part of his toe. Now that he knows the truth, Chandler's livid, and in an effort to cheer him up, Monica puts a turkey on her head and dances around for him.

7. The One With The Football

When Chandler, Joey, Rachel, and Phoebe propose some traditional Thanksgiving Day football. Monica and Ross are hesitant to play telling their friends about their competitive childhood football games but they decide to play anyway. The game progresses and gets pretty intense eventually becoming men vs women. Rachel almost scores the winning touchdown, but Chandler points how she was shy of the end zone. Once they realize the ball's still in play, Monica and Ross jump on it and refuse to budge.

8. The One With Rachel's Other Sister

Rachel's older sister Amy stops by. She joins them at Monica's, where she manages to offend everyone with her severe lack of tact. And then she gets upset that she's not Emma's godmother, despite repeatedly botching the baby's name. This one is sub-par up until Rachel and Amy’s physical fight at the end of the episode which really pushes it over the edge into a solid episode.

9. The One Where Underdog Gets Away

This is the first Thanksgiving episode we get the pleasure of seeing. Monica and Ross’s parents are leaving town for the first time so Monica is in charge of dinner. Meanwhile, Joey unknowingly becomes the face of venereal disease after modeling for a New York City free clinic campaign, and his family doesn't want him around the dinner table. So, he joins the Gellers' makeshift Thanksgiving along with Chandler who hates the holiday and Phoebe who has no one else to celebrate with. Rachel eventually joins after missing her flight to Vail when the gang gets locked out of the apartment.

Now feel free to go home and rewatch all these hilarious episodes and pick your favorite as you're stuffing your face this Thanksgiving!