how to thank your dad

10 reasons I'm thankful for my Father

*Insert some corny joke that my dad repeats (yet still laughs at himself).*

90
Family pic
Zoe Wright

Since Father's Day was a big topic in June, I wanted to write my post about my father. Hold the tears, because this is not an emotional article about how much my dad means to me (which is more then words can be expressed). But like many dads, they are emotionless creatures.

But somehow, they mean the world. They are filled with corny dad jokes that make you roll your eyes whenever they would tell them to your friends in high school, and they are filled with bad advice leaving you in more tears while you call up your mother. Yet, dads are protective, and they are the biggest bodyguard that I will ever have. I am so thankful for my father.

Here is a list of 10 reasons why I am thankful for my father:

1. Sense of humor

Dad jokes. Enough said. My dad has the worst sense of humor, which I managed to inherent. So, every time I make a joke where people just stare at me blankly, they think to themselves, "that is not funny, but I have to give her a sympathy." Thank you, Dad. Do not worry... I never fake-laugh at your jokes.

2. Sports Fan

Thank you for your love of sports and giving me the ability to be able to try out a variety of sports when I was young. This built up my competitive drive and athletic ability. I would always love watching different sports with you on the couch.

3. Making me become a better person (even if I did not know it back then)

The words that I would hate you would tell me, "suck it" or "rub some dirt on it." It would make me more upset when I first talked to you. Then I had to turn to mom cause she would always give me the sympathy that I was actually looking for. But, now I look back thinking how you were first. You taught me that I shouldn't get so upset over the little things, so I should grow a backbone. Thank you for giving not the best piece of advice at the moment, but years later, it means a lot.

4. Always being there for me

I know I can call you on the phone, and you will always pick up no matter what you are doing.

5. Doing my hair when I was younger

Who else can pull up the three ponytails??

6. Being a perfect example of a husband

I see the way you treat and put up with Mom (she is just as crazy as me). I admire the way you show unconditional love.

7. Dedication to our family

I am so thankful for the way you raised us. You gave us a wonderful life, and I can't thank you enough for the support and dedication to always being there for our family. Whether it was a sport game or different events, you made sure you were there to cheer us on.

8. Work ethic

I am trying to learn from your work ethic. I'm thankful that you are a hardworking person in either work or life, and it is something I always look up to.

9. Ability to have fun

You made growing up so much fun. I am thankful that you would always play games with us, teaching me that life is not fun if you are too serious.

10. Giving me life

Thankful for being one of the biggest blessings in my life. Thankful for giving me the best life. I would not change anything for the world (maybe your corny jokes). You are the best father to Amanda, Zack, and me, and the best husband to my mom. I honestly can't thank you enough for all the love that you pour on us.