Thank You Mom For Being You

Thank You Mom For Being You

To my wonderful mother, I love you!

60
Thank You Mom For Being You
Carley Sebren

Dear mom,

There is not enough words or time in the world to express how thankful I am for you. From the moment I was born to today, you have been my best friend, confidant and so much more. Although these past two years we haven't lived together or been able to see each other every day, I still feel as close as ever with you. I feel as if me being away at college has made us have a stronger bond and relationship than we have ever had. From our numerous amounts of phone calls or facetime calls throughout the day, we find time to reflect on each other's life's that we are missing out on from being apart. I love the time we get together and the many adventures we go on, no matter how big or small that adventure may be.

You have been my number one supporter and fan since the second I arrived in this world. You have had to endure so many hardships from me being a premature baby and having to go through treatments and time away in the hospital, to all the other times in my life that I have been sick and in pain. I could never in a million years imagine the thoughts and feelings that were coursing through you during all of those hard times. You never let me see the hurt and the worry that you felt for me.

You are one of the strongest persons I know. You have been strong for me since the very beginning and still to this day you are. With me being states away and having to go to the doctors and appointments alone has been really difficult, but you reassure me every time that it will be alright and I can get through it.

Thank you for being the beacon of joy that you are. For allowing me to pursue my dreams and aspirations in life. For allowing me to find my own way, to go through my own journey with faith and to live my life the way I deem fit. You support me no matter what. You have supported me through the many tattoos I have gotten and some of the questionable relationships I have put myself through.

You have been my shoulder to cry on through every bad patch in my life. From breakups, friendships ending and people dying. You make me stronger and help me through so much. Thank you for never letting me feel alone in this world. For letting me know when I have made mistakes and letting me know when I do right.

There was never a football game, competition or celebration that you weren't at. Thank you for being my number one fan! I never felt embarrassed to have you in the stands rooting for me. Although you may be crazy at times the amount of love and support you have for me has always been evident. Whether it be through the countless hours you put in doing my hair and makeup for color guard or the shout outs you would pay for at competitions to let me know that no matter what the outcome would be, to go out there and give it everything I got.

Thank you for teaching me what it means to love someone else, to put others before yourself and how to be a role model to those who look up to you. Most importantly thank you for teaching me that it is perfectly okay to be your own unique and individual self in a world full of people who are simply trying to fit in with the rest.

Thank you, mom, for being the best mother I could have ever dreamed of, I love you so much!