Happy Birthday To The Love Of My Life (Open Letter)

IDK about you... But i'm feelin' 22.

174872
vsco.co

Happy birthday, my darling.

The big 22. Another candle on your cake, but it's so much more than that. Another year of amazing memories, inside jokes, uncontrollable laughter, and another year getting to call you my lover.

I spent days upon days thinking about what in the world I could possibly do for you that would make this birthday amazing. I spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what in the world to get a man that gives me everything. Nothing could compare. Nothing was as sincere as me wishing you a happy day, not just today, but every day. It's simple, your happiness is my happiness.

You've taught me a lot of things, not just about life and relationships- but about myself too. I've completely opened up to you, something I never imagined to be possible. Before you came around, I was independent. I told myself that I didn't really need anyone in my life, something that I've also told to you during our relationship. I loved spending my nights alone; watching Netflix on a Friday night was the best thing ever. I was more concerned about saving my money, getting through college, and going out with friends. I never cared about what boys thought of me, chances are they weren't worth my time. I loved the idea of a relationship like in The Notebook but never really let it linger in my mind.

You came around and changed everything. You forced me to grow up as an individual and learn to look at all the angles. I learned that I really did need someone around, not just anyone, I need you. You have taught me to open up more, me, a girl who never opened up to anyone. A girl who never cared to reveal her true feelings, ideas, and goals to anyone. You have changed me in such a deep emotional way that I cannot even put into words how grateful I am to you for that. But the funny thing is, you weren't trying to do it. We were both so afraid in the beginning, terrified that one was going to hurt the other that we tried not to take anything too seriously, but we were too attracted to each other, too interested, too drawn, to let it all go. Our relationship is far from perfect. We're still learning and growing as individuals while getting over past mistakes. We're learning to trust each other, while continuing to build our relationship.

Overall: I am so lucky to have found a person like you in this crazy world, not many people are lucky in that way. I am who I am today with your help. I was already confident, goal driven, and lucky in life. I was already confident in myself, but you have made me really look at myself and learn to love the reflection that stares back at me. I was already goal driven, but you gave me more purpose and determination to reach those goals; you gave me that reason why. I was already lucky in this life, but you gave me someone to share that luck with; and create our own.

Thank you for helping me grow, thank you for making me believe in the beautiful things in life, and thank you for being who you are.

Happy birthday, my love. Here's to many more years of happiness together.