A Thank You Letter To My Love

A Thank You Letter To My Love

A thank you will never be enough, especially for you.

33066
A Thank You Letter To My Love
Deanna Jacopino

When I first met you I had no idea that you would end up meaning this much to me. I also had no idea that you would change my life and myself for the better. The best part about all of this is that I didn’t plan on meeting you, but we found each other. Even when I met you, I never imagined that you would teach me so much. But boy am I glad that I met you because now I can't imagine my life without you! There are so many things I would like to thank you for, considering you have done so many amazing things for me so, here are a few:

1. Thank you for being you

From the second I met you I knew that there was something different about you, you weren’t like everyone else, you were different. Well, that is because you are simply you, and there is no one quite like you. You are the smartest, funniest, and kindest person I have ever met. You inspire me every day to be the best person I can be by simply setting a great example. So let me start by thanking you for just being you.

2. Thank you for letting me be myself

You always let me be my crazy, silly, funny, weird self. You never make me feel uncomfortable about being myself; you actually encourage me to be myself. Thank you for letting me be me.

3. Thank you for being silly

Sometimes the things that you come up with or the stuff that comes out of your mouth is so silly that I can't help but laugh hysterically at you. You’re basically a 5 year old in an adult body, well sometimes. But you also know how to be professional and mature at the same time too. Thank you for being fun.

4. Thank you for being so easygoing

You always let me choose where to go to dinner or what we want to eat and that's the best because well... food is the best of all, besides you of course. But besides food whenever I’m bored you always agree with my silly, spontaneous ideas and are down for any adventure. Thank you for being my partner in crime, you rock.

5. Thank you for helping me

... Especially homework. Whenever I don't understand something you're the first person to offer a helping hand. You're so smart you have no idea. You can understand anything and figure something out without giving it barely any thought. I totally admire that about you! Thank you for being so smart, I am so proud of you.

6. Thank you for letting me vent to you

Whenever something is bothering me you know before I even know, and you know exactly how to handle it. You always have the right things to say exactly when I need to hear it. You always know how to make me feel better and I love you for that. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on.

7. Thank you for putting me in my place when I need it

When I tell you about something that happened you're not afraid to tell me I’m wrong. And sometimes I definitely need to hear that. You wouldn't be helping me if you just constantly sided with me, and told me I am right even when I’m not. You truly make me a better me. So, thank you.

8. Thank you for dreaming with me

We have so many plans for the future that we made together and I cannot wait to achieve our dreams together! I am so excited for our plans! I also have no doubt in my mind that we won't be able to achieve these dreams. I cannot wait for our future together.

9. Thank you for being my best friend

You’re there for me. You are always there for me. When I’m upset you’re the first person I think of to call. When something amazing or happy happens to me you’re the first person I tell it to. When something bad happens you’re the first person to offer a shoulder to cry on. You’re not only my boyfriend, but you’re my best friend, so thank you.

10. Thank you for understanding me

You understand me, better than I understand myself. You know what’s right for me even before I know what I should do about it. You know what I’m going to want for dinner before I even know what I want for dinner. It sounds silly, but that’s just an example. And the worst part is you always end up being right, which is very hard to admit. Thank you for always guiding me in the right direction and having patience with me.

11. Thank you for making me feel beautiful

Even when I look horrible, or when I’m sick with a gross cold you still make me feel beautiful. I mean, I know I definitely don’t look great while blowing my nose, but you tell me I am anyways. You always make me feel like a princess no matter what. Thank you for making me love myself.

12. Thank you for loving me

You do so much for me… clearly, but this has to be the one that I am most grateful for. You love me endlessly no matter what. You have taken the time to get to know my family, my whole life, basically everything about me. The best part is that you love everything thing about me. So thank you for showing me what true love is.

After writing and reading all of this I’ve realized all over again that you're so much more than just my boyfriend. Besides being my boyfriend you have become my best friend, my role model, my #1 fan, my forever date, my shoulder to cry on, my cuddle buddy, and best of all my partner in crime. No matter what happens you have taught me so much about life and myself in general, so finally, thank you.