A Thank You Letter To My People Back Home

"We're friends, real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I'll still be there." -Meredith Grey
313

To my people back home,

As I am sitting in my dorm room, I'm thinking about one thing. I miss you. I miss every single one of you. From my best friends who know me like the back of their hand, to my dance studio, and my family, I miss you all. It's been quite a while since I have seen and talked to some of you, and I want to apologize. The transition into college has been a whirlwind. You are the people who mean the most to me, and I wanted to take some time to tell you just how much I appreciate each and every one of you. I am blessed to have many people who have made a large impact on my life, and I have so much to be thankful for from each of you. So here is a start...

Marie, Abby, Shayla, and Carly. You have been constants in my life from day one and you four mean the world to me. You saw me through every milestone, heartbreak, success, and failure and you stuck by me through it all. I will never be able to put into words just how thankful I am for you. From laughing to the point of our sides hurting, to sitting with each other while we ugly cried, you ladies have been my rock. You will always be my rock. It is something truly incredibly to have people you know will be with you for life. Thank you for everything you do.

My dance family. My teachers, students, and lifelong friends. You are the greatest support system I could have ever asked for. You watched me grow up, and loved me through every stage (even the awkward stage). You gave me a place to be completely unapologetically me, and I thrived. The studio is my home and will always have a place in my heart. Chrissy, I especially want to thank you for giving me something so special. You have created something that is so much more than just a studio. It is a community, and it is a family. The amount of love and support in the atmosphere is incredible. This sounds clichè, but without you, I truly do not know where or who I would be today.

And now finally, my family. The craziest, funniest, most supportive, and loving people on this earth. You are my favorite humans. I am truly so blessed to have each and every one of you. You laid the foundation for who I am, building me with every life lesson and piece of wisdom. Because of you, I know that I am never alone. You are the people who believe in me when I don't, the ones who pick me up when I'm broken and of course, the ones who are there to offer to beat up whoever hurt me (Victoria). Even after listening to my horrible story telling all of these years you somehow still love me so I obviously lucked out. "and then... um uhh" sound familiar? We may be a dysfunctional bunch, but the end of the day you are my people and you mean more than anything to me. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you.

And with that being said...

Xoxo, Gossip girl (Would it have even been me if I didn't end with this?)