10 Things My Boyfriend Does That Makes Me Say 'Thank You'

10 Things My Boyfriend Does That Makes Me Say 'Thank You' Every Day

I can't thank him enough.

264

My boyfriend is my person. I can share all of my secrets with him and show him a side of me no one else understands except my family. When I spend time to reflect on life, I always think about him and especially all of the little things he does that I never really say thank you for, but always feel grateful about. Here are some of the things I need to thank him for:

1. Making sure I eat dinner every day.

When you're running on a busy schedule and live alone, there are not many people to hold you accountable. But he always checks in with me, whether we're together or not, about what I ate for dinner or when I am going to get my dinner.

2. Listening to me complain.

And I complain A LOT. Whether I'm just frustrated and venting or upset with myself for a dumb reason, he always does his best to just sit and listen to what I have to say.

3. Printing out my homework.

When I don't have time to make it to the computer lab, he always goes and prints out my assignments, papers, or notes. Even if he doesn't have time either. Just to make my life a little easier.

4. Filling up my water bottle every night.

Whenever he comes over to do homework or hang out, he always goes all the way downstairs to fill my water bottle before he leaves. How can you not be grateful for a guy that keeps you hydrated?

5. Nonchalant compliments.

Even when I look like I just hopped off the hot mess express, he always finds something to compliment me on. And that just always makes you feel a little less like a mess.

6. Selfies.

A lot of people hate taking pictures. But over our 2.5 years of dating, he's become more and more open to stupid selfies and taking pictures every time we go somewhere.

7. Paying for dinner. 

Whenever we go on dates, he is more than happy to pay for dinner. Don't get me wrong, if I want to he lets me. But always lets me know he doesn't mind, which is really nice.

8. Smiling at me.

Whenever I'm sitting confused or upset or just zoning out from stress, he always smiles at me. And who doesn't feel good when someone is genuinely smiling at them? It always makes me feel relaxed for at least a moment before I have to move on with the rest of my stress.

9. Knowing how to use comedic relief.

He just always knows the right jokes to change my entire mood when I'm feeling down. And you need someone like that in your life.

10. Being there for me.

Even when the most minor issue in the world comes up, he's there to help me solve it. He picks up whenever I call even if it is just to say hi. He shows up when I need him and even when I don't. He really is my person.