Thank You, Arnold Palmer

Thank You, Arnold Palmer

We will never forget you, king.

7
Thank You, Arnold Palmer
Google Images

The King. Winner of 7 majors, 62 PGA Tour wins and PGA Hall of Famer, but his life was more than about stats. He created and lead to game to popularity. Made the game look cool. Inspired legends like Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods to dominate and win multiple tournaments like he did. But, I felt like he did a whole lot for people like me.

He taught the value of respect. Respect is something that we all think we should earn, but Arnold Palmer respected you whoever you are. He didn't care who you were, he would still listen and respect whatever you said or do. That is such a big lesson that I have learned from him. The amount of letters that he would receive and the amount he would read and send letters back is astonishing and just shows the character that the man possesses. THAT, is the heart of a champion on and off the course.

The charisma that he had is what made him so memorable to all of us. The cool, messy hair, really funky swing and his rye smile just makes him, him. He looks like a superstar and a man that can do anything that he wants to accomplish. He is the legend of all legends. He has the name "The King" for the reason and that is something that shall never be taken from him. He is the king for what he does on and off the course which makes him so special and so legendary in golfer's eyes.

Arnold Palmer, I just want you to know how much golfers and golf period appreciates everything you have done for us and the game. You have laid a foundation for this game that no one else could have done. You inspired a kid like me to go chase his dreams and do whatever I can put my mind too. The game will miss you so much and you will be missed. Send some birdies down from heaven for all of us okay?

Thank you, Arnold Palmer