A Thank You To The Loved Ones I've Recently Lost

A special tribute to the people who had a close connection to my heart.

13
Huffington Post

We all have those rough times, especially when you lose someone close to your heart. It's a time where we struggle trying figure out how to cope, how to feel, and how to be happy because of all the love they gave to everyone before they passed. Within the past few weeks, I lost a teammate, family members, and a beloved coach. It's a really tough time, but this is to thank and celebrate all the people who lost their lives too soon.

First of all, thank you.

Thank you for being the rock in my life when I needed it. Thank you for believing in me when I didn't think I could do it. Thank you for picking me up when I was feeling down. Most of all, thank you for being in my life. There is no word I could use to thank you enough for everything you've done.

Your love is never lost.

You knew how to make me smile even when I was down. You loved everyone even if you did not know them well. You gave them the world when sometimes you could barely give anything at all. If there is one quality I will never forget, it is the amount of love and light you shed on the world.

It's not going to be the same.

You had such an impact on my life; it won't be the same anymore. I know you will still be here in spirits cheering me on. I am proud to call you coach, teammate, and family.

This isn't a goodbye; it's a see you later.